🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Brainstorming for a new brand start of gaming

Started by
49 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 11 months ago

MIOLO said:
I repeat always without being annoying … can we ?? Sure we can.

Don't you think we already tried for decades to solve / improve this, even successfully in many ways, with more to come?
How do your ‘ideas' differ from the established mechanics we see in quite any RPG? Where is the ‘brand new’ start?

From such bold announcement i would expect the invention of a new genre or new mechanics, not subtle improvements to existing mechanics.
We all have a huge list of ideas achieving subtle improvements, believe me.

MIOLO said:
My friends, this is just the tip of the iceberg of MY all ideas, and I'm not kidding.

Well, keep it coming.

But to ease communication, please use proper punctuation marks. Some forums even ban people not willing to do this so others can read their posts easily.
To make a quote, mark a sentence and click the appearing quote button. Now everybody instantly sees that's a quote form somebody else and from whom. Very use and helpful.

I'm still listening, but till yet i'm more assumed than convinced…

Advertisement

@Alberth Now at least 2 people have said this is not as satisfying as manually created artefacts.

How do you propose to overcome this and generate infinitely different items? >> Rule : if YOU don't know how, never quote other NEGATIVE persons, ok ? Please relate only to what you know, not others. You re not their lawyer. >> Related to the other interesting question, maybe it's only me, but i see it so basic clearly : if manually created artifacts is more satisfying, use RANDOM in the elements that you need to manually craft artifacts : example > if a sword is made of 2 iron and 1 wood, if you RANDOM these you get 2 diamons and 1 emerald for a better powered sword. And please ALL remmember what i've said before : PLAYERS ( kids ) love collecting items !!! The infinite, the better. It's up to us, to web link all that to the game. Cheers !!!

None

MIOLO said:
example > if a sword is made of 2 iron and 1 wood, if you RANDOM these you get 2 diamons and 1 emerald for a better powered sword.

Awesome idea!

Why didn't we think about this earlier?
Oh, wait - we did. We use random numbers for pretty much anything for ages, even whole levels are made out of that. I'm sorry to inform you about this.

MIOLO said:
PLAYERS ( kids ) love collecting items !!!

But only if the item is interesting and distinctive.

Now i show you a sequence of random numbers:

Is there any number you really want to own, collecting it, turning it into a NFT eventually even?
No? They are one like the other, different but just boring? With the only interesting property to stand out being the coincidence of 6 appearing twice?

Agreed. It's boring.
>> Next idea…

@JoeJ “ From such bold announcement i would expect the invention of a new genre or new mechanics, not subtle improvements to existing mechanics. ” = WRONG AGAIN ! Been there and I ve experienced other forums few negative minds, that afterwords recognized the value of my other topics. As for your implicit irony , again you are WRONG !!! > how ? Show me ONE single game that uses just ONE of the THREE points that I've already shared ?? But full use, not parts of my ideas. … need help for your answer ? is NONE !!! That's why I'm here.

None

MIOLO said:
But full use, not parts of my ideas. … need help for your answer ? is NONE !!! That's why I'm here.

Well, then start working instead talking.

Pick up some engine, or write your own, research how to generate random numbers, and proof the value of your ideas to yourself.

JoeJ said:

MIOLO said:
But full use, not parts of my ideas. … need help for your answer ? is NONE !!! That's why I'm here.

Well, then start working instead talking.

Pick up some engine, or write your own, research how to generate random numbers, and proof the value of your ideas to yourself.

LOL … typical loser !!! Get off my post !!! U will never grow and won't let others, too ! I know your kind. Bye !!!

None

MIOLO said:
typical loser !!! Get off my post !!! U will never grow

Miolo, please soften your rhetoric.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Is this your kind way to say ‘Sorry, i tried, but i can not code. I know more about games than you devs do, and i could get everything right, but sadly, i can not even make PacMan’?

Haha, i know that kind too <:D

No problem to leave your thread, and good look with cooking just 'ideas'…

JoeJ said:

Is this your kind way to say ‘Sorry, i tried, but i can not code. I know more about games than you devs do, and i could get everything right, but sadly, i can not even make PacMan’?

Haha, i know that kind too <:D

No problem to leave your thread, and good look with cooking just 'ideas'…

Check your mirror … check your mirror !!! Bla Bla Bla won't turn you into a DEV. You re so blind that U think that I ve assumed that I'm a DEV ?? Where did I wrote that ?? Steve Jobs was a DEV ?? … and with your sad performance, u just could " kill "someone like him. I ve real money to spend, and I ve loved video games all my life, and I know what I want to be published and earn much more of it ! So, I use these searching methods to gather people who can delivery that. I want only true believers. I will still eat my breakfast shrimps, wether I assemble the team or not. So, bye bye PacMan !!!

None

Steve Jobs was a DEV ?

Some people say he was a dictator, putting his personal vision over everything, expecting from his workers to do the same.

Not sure if that's true, but he's your idol, so probably it is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement