🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Brainstorming for a new brand start of gaming

Started by
49 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 11 months ago

@MIOLO Take all the likes, you deserve them.

BTW, Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent are “alter egos”.

Cornholio is Beavis's alter ego.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Advertisement

@Tom Sloper

MIOLO said:
my ideas, for a new concept of design to grab players. Interested? So let's BRAINSTORM

OK. What's your idea, and how can we help you?

OK. Let's start :

ONE : maths = what do you think of a routine where the ITEMS/NPCs/etc… used in a game could auto generate themselves at proper random biomes ? if you already can do this with terrain/mapping/solar systems/etc … base for the final idea of daily new points of interest in a game.

TWO : besides already used TIMER to return to activate your in game bases/constructions/items a routine that weather conditions affect that TIMER in order that a simple clock is not the only math, that the player has to “being forced” to return to the game, to prevent losing “ belongings ” ?

None

MIOLO said:
The meaning of brainstorming is WE all together ADD ideas to debate and hopefully reach to a mutual concept in this matter.

The truth is: We are out of ideas. We are at the point where we just recycle and recombine classical mechanics. Rarely we come up with something truly new.

Then you come in and say you have new ideas and concepts, and we only need to ask for it. This implies you would be willing to share, and ignite a brainstorming process on your side. We are listening.

One problem is: It's common new people arrive here, say they have ideas to make the next GTA or MMO, and then ask how this could be quickly done with 3 people. Thus we tend to not taking them too serious, maybe explaining (but not justifying) some sarcasm you have experienced. (Some other behaviors of us simply lack any rational explanation.)

I guess the impression is bad, but that's also your fault, as you did not give us a topic to discuss at all yet.

@JoeJ with “ The truth is: We are out of ideas. ” … is only your fault ! … basic question : why or when we stop playing a game ?? It's so hard for you to pop a question to what we can do to prevent that ? if so … let's brainstorming . Cheers !!!

None

MIOLO said:
ONE : maths = what do you think of a routine where the ITEMS/NPCs/etc… used in a game could auto generate themselves at proper random biomes ? if you already can do this with terrain/mapping/solar systems/etc … base for the final idea of daily new points of interest in a game.

We do such things. A lot, actually. Just look at No Mans Sky, for example.
The primary problem is: Procedural generation does not generate interesting content or missions. The output is usually rather boring and repetive.
We can use it to create a background, or a way for the player to recharge resources, but to create true motivation on the player, or some interesting dilemma / drama, manual design is preferred, or the only option at all.
Still, we truly desire better procedural content to deal with exploding costs of manual content creation. We want it, but we are not there yet, and it's hard.

MIOLO said:
TWO : besides already used TIMER to return to activate your in game bases/constructions/items a routine that weather conditions affect that TIMER in order that a simple clock is not the only math, that the player has to “being forced” to return to the game, to prevent losing “ belongings ” ?

You mean forcing the player to play regularly, or ideally 24/7?
Just no.
We need to provide the players an experience which is so good, they actually want to play the game on their own. Obviously.
There is no way to force them, and if so, we would act like drug dealers by exploiting it.
We are desperate, but not that desperate.

You need to try much, much harder… ; )

@Calin

Calin said:
title isn`t properly formulated

I think he just swapped “brand new” around.

[edited] that`s one possible explanation but it`s always a good idea to double check.

*** I'm the author of the post, and the title it´s meant to be that way : you will find out that TRUE meaning as long as thread evolves at this brainstorming ! Cheers !!!

None

@JoeJ at last we are starting … Q “ We do such things. A lot, actually. Just look at No Mans Sky, for example. ” … NO you don't !!! you don´t have new ITEMS generated all the time ! The crafting items are always the same where you are in the game. The proposal math is to auto generate that too, and that's an all big difference to avoid being boring. That maths should lead to an endless web of needs if you want to achieve daily new things in a game.

None

@JoeJ “ You need to try much, much harder… ; ) ” check your MIRROR ! … your opinion not a billion ! and don't try to call “ your mother ” in, too ! let's find out the meaning of humble, ok ? You don't want to spent your TIME in your project for an empty lobby, do you ? I would like that MY game besides “ an experience which is so good ” deploys auto content for grab players 24/7 = with a big YES !!! Also that will provide the publisher the SMILE they need to support your programming costs ! Think BIG !!! Cheers !

None

MIOLO said:

@Calin

Calin said:
title isn`t properly formulated

I think he just swapped “brand new” around.

[edited] that`s one possible explanation but it`s always a good idea to double check.

*** I'm the author of the post, and the title it´s meant to be that way : you will find out that TRUE meaning as long as thread evolves at this brainstorming ! Cheers !!!

[edited] sorry I`m impatient. Your brain related persuation games are not welcome. I`m not following the thread from now on. Make another thread if you want to continue the discussion or PM me if you think you have the right to reply.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

@Calin no prob … your brain washed not welcome either ! have a good life ! Cheers !!!

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement