🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are the copyright Infringement boundaries?

Started by
56 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 10 months ago

@jbadams  Just to think up some third world country  where I know doesn't have these laws and where other similar laws are rudimentary.

@Stragen sounded like the United States should be the boss of the world and dictate the laws to other countries, telling them what to do.

Advertisement

If you're not in Uganda, the laws there don't matter to you.  It's not relevant.

Most countries do have and enforce intellectual property laws.  The fact that it isn't all countries really doesn't matter to your situation.

This isn't the United States "telling other countries what to do", it's an international agreement that most countries have agreed to.

- Jason Astle-Adams

1 minute ago, sprotz said:

@jbadams  Just to think up some third world country  where I know doesn't have these laws and where other similar laws are rudimentary.

@Stragen sounded like the United States should be the boss of the world and dictate the laws to other countries, telling them what to do.

I've just proven to you that the laws exist in Uganda, you think your 'fact' is fact and its wrong.

IRT the comment directly to me, -shrug-.

jbadams says they don't exist.

No, I said that they don't appear to be a signatory to the international Berne Convention, but that I am not a lawyer and don't know what the local laws are there.

I've also pointed out that the laws in Uganda are completely irrelevant if you don't live there. Let's stop talking about them, they have nothing to do with you or your hypothetical work.

- Jason Astle-Adams

1 hour ago, jbadams said:

@sprotz I'm talking to you. You brought up Uganda, and the only sensible reason I could see that you might have done so is because you came from there.

If you don't live there why did you even bring it up?

He wants to use Ugandan Knuckles as a character in a game and he thinks Ugandan law applies. :)

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

I think the answer has been beaten to death, and the discussion has strayed from a useful path. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement