Advertisement

[4e5] Graphics card, What are you using?

Started by July 13, 2006 05:09 AM
46 comments, last by liquidAir 18 years ago
Quote: Original post by supercat1
Quote: Why the hell would any self-respecting modeller use the 5200? That card is the graphics card equivalent of shoving a live porcupine up the old poop chute.

nice. :)

he uses it because that is what he has. he, like i, is in college and probably thinks books and tuition is slightly more important than a gpu right now.

unfortunately my 360 died this past weekend so i have now spent $97 of the $140 i was gonna spend on my x1600pro to have it repaired by ms (that is what i get for not getting the extended warranty). so, if anyone wants to donate to the "supercat needs a new gpu" fund, feel free! :D

There are cards that you can get that are well within the budget of a college student. The Geforce 6600 is under $80 if you know where to look.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
this is true, but (in a very naive manner no doubt) i have had my heart set on getting a pretty decent ati card for awhile. so, i think i'll stick that route especially since i was originally gonna get an x800xl, but the x1600pro is cheaper and almost as good. :)

or, someone could just hack the 360 already and then i'd be set. :D
Advertisement
Radeon 9800 Pro and it's dwindling fast..
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Quote: Original post by supercat1
this is true, but (in a very naive manner no doubt) i have had my heart set on getting a pretty decent ati card for awhile. so, i think i'll stick that route especially since i was originally gonna get an x800xl, but the x1600pro is cheaper and almost as good. :)

or, someone could just hack the 360 already and then i'd be set. :D

Dont spend too much, remember, these cards dont have DX10 support.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
GF 6600GT PS 3.0 and a old GF FX 5200 in my second computer
oh, i know they don't have dx10 support. but, i am going to get a whole new rig around february or march anyways (gotta have the live anywhere). so, this machine i'm currently on is going to be a linux box once that happens and i don't think linux is going to be too concerned with dx10. :)
Advertisement
My computer ATI X850 XT
My laptop Geforce 440 GO
Kids computer ATI 9800XT
At home:
AMD 1900+, 512mb ram, ATI 9600XT

At work:
~3ghz, 1.5gb ram, Geforce 6800-ish.

------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
I'm using a Geforce 7800GS (stil AGP). I think it rocks for development: it has all the latest features, it offers excellent performance and it wasn't that expensive. In short: alot of bang for my buck ;)
GeForce FX 5900 128mb
Best regards, Omid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement