Advertisement

[4e5] Graphics card, What are you using?

Started by July 13, 2006 05:09 AM
46 comments, last by liquidAir 18 years ago
radeon 9000, its old, but it sufficient enough to do most of the stuff we are aiming at.
yeah, the modeler for my team has a 5200 so i figure if it runs there it will run on the 5900. and i truely feel for all those with a geforce4 mx because it really is worse than a geforce2 (isn't it the same hardware even but stripped down?). and i used to be in the "integrated gfx" boat, but i just couldn't stand that forever. :)
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by supercat1
yeah, the modeler for my team has a 5200 so i figure if it runs there it will run on the 5900. and i truely feel for all those with a geforce4 mx because it really is worse than a geforce2 (isn't it the same hardware even but stripped down?). and i used to be in the "integrated gfx" boat, but i just couldn't stand that forever. :)

Why the hell would any self-respecting modeller use the 5200? That card is the graphics card equivalent of shoving a live porcupine up the old poop chute.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Radeon 9800XT. But it's not the computer the programming or modelling is done on. I imagine I'll get some good Photoshop and sound work out of this machine, though.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
7600GT, since it's the one in my dev machine. Also, I'm doing a 2d game in Java, so I'm not too worried it won't run :) I'm thinking of adding some OGL viewpoints if I get the time though.
Advertisement
I have an "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" aka an integrated and can hardly keep up with Civilization IV. My CPU isn't bad (2.8GHz) so the graphics card must be what makes my project run at 170 FPS on my box and 500+ FPS on my friend's. [headshake]
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
GeForce 7900 gt biatch.........
lol
----------------------------And then Budda,God, and Peter Griffin came together and said:"Let there be nOObie dev, who as of August, 2006 isn't really a newbie"
Integrated 4Mb Neomagic, partly supporting OpenGL, but only in 16bit mode [wink]
-LuctusIn the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
Quote: Why the hell would any self-respecting modeller use the 5200? That card is the graphics card equivalent of shoving a live porcupine up the old poop chute.

nice. :)

he uses it because that is what he has. he, like i, is in college and probably thinks books and tuition is slightly more important than a gpu right now.

unfortunately my 360 died this past weekend so i have now spent $97 of the $140 i was gonna spend on my x1600pro to have it repaired by ms (that is what i get for not getting the extended warranty). so, if anyone wants to donate to the "supercat needs a new gpu" fund, feel free! :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement