🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dice Based Combat User Interface

Started by
3 comments, last by Zizka 4 years, 2 months ago

Hello again guys!
In the screenshot below, you’ll find 13 assorted cursors to indicate the dice result at the bottom of the screen. Could you kindly provide the one you like the most? It’d be great if you could limit yourself to just one or two so I can limit my options. Just replying with a number would be great! Of course, if you have other input about the cursor I’m interested.

Advertisement

If it's something just for display and indicates a “selection”, i wouldn't use arrow cursors or the hand.

I think either 6 or 12 are fine.

Congratulations for the quality of your art, particularly the pointers and the angel and demon.

If you want arrows, the standard acute, oblique shape with a vertical edge that has been popular since the invention of mouse cursors is the best choice because it looks purely like a pointer: your vertical arrows imply a vertical spatial direction.

If you want a hand, thumb and index extended in the gesture of placing or picking up a die might be a more appropriate pose than a generic pointing index.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Thank you for the feedback. I was a bit disheartened by the lack of response if I’m being honest. Maybe it’s because I’m not a regular member. Anyhow, I ended up deciding to just use a flash to indicate what the current active dice set is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement