Advertisement

Help making game, idea in place, need team!

Started by September 22, 2018 02:45 AM
0 comments, last by Masterbuiler64 5 years, 11 months ago

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening,

My name is Dalton Potter and I am a budding game developer looking to learn skills and develop a beautiful project me and my friend came up with a year ago or so and have refined ever since. The idea is a basically a mix of Final Fantasy and Zelda in terms of exploration and battle, but will throw in its own unique features to switch things up a bit. What we have in place so far is the main story and many connecting character back stories, a map of the over world (still not 100% confirmed however), how some of the main characters look (also not 100% confirmed), a few battle and puzzle mechanic ideas, general story progression, locations, a few beta music tracks, and lore. What we lack however is any solid assets or work done on it as neither of us have any expertise in game development, but have both unanimously agreed that this idea is too good to forget and pass up.

We are currently looking for people to help us work on the project as time goes on and maybe, just maybe, it may grow into a full blown team of people working on a game and eventually sell it on Steam or other client services. Any replies to this topic will be read as soon as possible depending on my schedule. I have also attached a couple photos and sound files of some design concepts we have. I also have a Pastebin made of the entire story and main character back stories, as well as history into how the idea came to be, though I'll let the Pastebin be requested as needed in the future.

Hopefully this project turns from being just an idea into something amazingly beautiful and playable......it just needs to be created that's all.....

Thank you in advance,

Dalton Potter

P.S. The sound file, "Power and Prestige" is a song that sounds as though it could be used as a trailer theme, and "Curiosity" sounds as though it could be used on a farm at sunrise.

Source of music was from YouTube, but the groups official site is as follows: http://floatingcloud.net/

EDIT: I am adding in a link to the pastebin so those that view this can get look at the story for the game. Link: https://pastebin.com/U7dKp8PS

Overworld.jpg

Floating Cloud - Power and Prestige.mp3

Nova.JPG

Floating Cloud - Curiosity.mp3

Novalia_Sword_Enlarged.png

Beginner game developer, eager to learn how to develop games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement