Advertisement

Team needed for small MMO

Started by September 12, 2018 11:29 AM
0 comments, last by AydenO. 6 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a group of people for a small MMO I'm looking to make.

The general idea for it is inspired by really old MUD games. MUDs or multi-user dungeons were games before graphics were invented, more or less. It used only text and ASCII art to convey what conventional graphics would. The benefits to these kinds of games were the natural tight-knit player based the garnered and the world's flexible without the constraints of potential expensive or time-consuming implementation of graphics, for example, MMOs are expensive and hard to change but in MUDs player content is much easy to make and in turn can be added at to the devs content.

So I want to make an updated version of this format, with a simple, probably 8bit tiled overworld with text and maybe pixel art for specific places in the overworld to stop it from looking so dull on the eyes and even out the harsh learning curve that comes with a whole bunch of text being thrown at you with little to no context.

I’ll be called KingGrave and it’ll be a permadeath MMORPG relying heavily on roleplay and player based content mechanics.

For combat for both PvE and PvP, I’m imagining a very ability based real time turn based combat.

For this, I'm looking for most programmers and writers, but really anyone who looks at this and thinks that sounds like a good idea and I wants to participate. I'm not a very good programmer myself so any level or experience is welcome.

Hopefully, this is a project me and whoever wants to join can expand on and improve with time.

If you'd like to join or have any questions for me please do so in the comments or in the

discord: https://discord.gg/H2BS9eT

~Ayden gl;hf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement