Advertisement

[Hobby] Would like programming and art help.

Started by August 11, 2018 07:30 PM
0 comments, last by greentiger 6 years, 1 month ago

What I Need Help With: I would like help from a game programmer to help make a first person arena game. I was hoping to make a 3D game with 2D art. It doesn't really matter what technology is used. Additionally, a 2D artist to create graphics for the game would also be helpful (player sprites, object sprites, and textures).

Summary: This is a 3D arena shooter using 2D sprites--with support for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag with bots. An easy to use map editor would also be necessary and helpful.

To Keep In Mind: This is not a huge project to make money on, I want to make a game that the community and everyone can enjoy. If monetization ever comes into the picture, money would be discussed at that point. Ideally, the people that respond to this post will be those that enjoy action games, love programming, and working with games as a hobby. Once the project is complete I will make a payment for your help.

My Experience: I have experience coding PHP, VBScript, PowerShell, but nothing that would prepare me for coding a game. I also have experience creating Doom and Quake maps and would work primarily creating game content. I work full time and have a family, but I will do as much as I can. I have created a game document to guide the project and I have also sketched out ideas for around 20 arenas but not everything has been thought out and some independence is required.

Summary: I would like to create an arena shooter as a hobby, with other talented folks. I live in the UTC-09:00 time zone so something like Discord works well. Message me on reddit if you're interested, and I will give you my Discord information.

If you would like to know more you can contact me here and I will provide you my Discord ID.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement