Advertisement

Looking for playtesters to test Warfront Infinite (Tower Defense)

Started by August 02, 2018 01:56 PM
6 comments, last by EddieK 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello!

I am looking people who would be willing to playtest my upcoming tower defense game called Warfront Infinite. It is still in very early state of development, so there are lots of bugs and only one functional level. 

Since there's no way I could watch you play through the game in person, so I decided that the best way for me to see how the player experiences the game is by asking you to record your gameplay and sending that footage to me (through google drive or similar).

I won't ask too much of your time, just one playthrough of the level would give me lots of useful information. So if you are interested, leave a comment here and I will contact you through personal messages :)

screenshot61.png?resize=1297,615

You can read more about the game on my website.

Quick question, is there any kind of paid compensation for playtesting on different Systems or for testing the game itself?

Advertisement
13 minutes ago, TheRealizer 367 said:

Quick question, is there any kind of paid compensation for playtesting on different Systems or for testing the game itself?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the playtesting is not going to be paid for :/ I'm a single developer who's working on this project and I don't really have the finances to back the playtesting. All I can offer right now is to put the playtester's name in the game's end credits. 

1 hour ago, EddieK said:

I am looking people who would be willing to playtest my upcoming tower defense game called Warfront Infinite.

Why not just post, the game, here on gamedev.net the file and ask for feedback? I think there is a few people who have been following your game and would like to give it a try.

Just now, Scouting Ninja said:

Why not just post here on gamedev.net the file and ask for feedback? I think there is a few people who have been following your game and would like to give it a try.

Firstly, thats because I would like the whole playtesting process to be a little bit more personal. I don't want everyone playing through the game just to leave a single comment with a list of all the things that they didn't like, or things that they think should be changed, which is probably what would happen if I were to make the game publicly available to everyone on this forum.

Secondly, as I said in the original post, I would like to get an actual footage of the player playing through the game, so I could see what gameplay mistakes are usually done, which would also probably not happen if I were to publicly release the game here on GameDev.

And lastly, I don't want too many people to have a copy of my game just yet, since it would increase the likelihood of it being leaked somewhere on the internet. There are still lots of features missing, the GUI is horrible and there are plenty of bugs. I don't want this broken version to be available anywhere on the internet.

I hope this answers your question.

8 minutes ago, EddieK said:

And lastly, I don't want too many people to have a copy of my game just yet, since it would increase the likelihood of it being leaked somewhere on the internet.

That I understand and respect, games live and die by their reputations.

9 minutes ago, EddieK said:

I would like to get an actual footage of the player playing through the game

Will you be providing screen capture software or will testers need to already own software? Is there expected file sizes and formats?

If you are willing to wait two days I could probably help test a game for you.

Advertisement
Just now, Scouting Ninja said:

That I understand and respect, games live and die by their reputations.

Will you be providing screen capture software or will testers need to already own software? Is there expected file sizes and formats?

If you are willing to wait two days I could probably help test a game for you.

If you are using Windows 10, then there's no need to install any extra software, you can just press Win + G while in game, which will open up an overlay where you can click to start recording the gameplay. Otherwise, I can provide you with a setup file for FlashBack screen recorder. 

Sure, I am not in a hurry and can wait for two days :)

By the way, thanks in advance :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement