🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

EVERYBODY PLEASE SEE THIS !!!!!

Started by
47 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 12 months ago
Hahahha, people this is a FORUM. If you gonna close every single topic in this forum ... !!! come one. Take it easy i just wanna show u an interesting thing !!

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
Big Mac Vs Whopper, Coke Vs Pepsi, and Microsoft Vs Borland.
People its all a matter of preference. Use what ever compiler or api that gets the job done better for "you" and stop trying to impose something on someone else. If people can program then they "should" have the logic reasoning to figure out what is the best tool for them.

As Always do what ever makes you happy, hell even program in cobol if it floats your boat.
quote: Original post by Metal Typhoon
K i''ll answer that. U don''t have to program in assembly cuz u have c++ in which makes life better ? right ? SO. why program in Vc++ when borland make''s life better ??

How does Borland make life better? It adds a couple features that would never be used in developing a game.

VC has MFC for tools (VC DOES have visual design of dialogs/forms/whatever you call them), and for the actual game code you have your code editor. You dont need RAD for game development, nor do you need all that fancy database or "Drop-in Internet Protocol Components". We have DirectPlay and WinSock instead for that. We dont need XML in our games, nor ISAPI and CGI, nor any language translation tools.

So these features that supposedly make Borland better would go completely unused anyway.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Hahahha, people this is a FORUM. If you gonna close every single topic in this forum ... !!! come one. Take it easy i just wanna show u an interesting thing !!

Close the post hes showing people nothing but anger, its a post that went from match to flame and now its all flamed out. Jdog says it PERFECTLY, personally I enjoy a sonic #1 Cheeseburger though .
Can anybody gime ONE reason , itshould be GOD man, that vc++ can do in GAMES that borland c++ builder 5 can''t do. Don''t gime reasons like directx cux borland supports it. It better be good. And i''ll change my mind. JUST ONE OF A HELL REASON !! Please

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Can anybody gime ONE reason , itshould be GOD man, that vc++ can do in GAMES that borland c++ builder 5 can''t do. Don''t gime reasons like directx cux borland supports it. It better be good. And i''ll change my mind. JUST ONE OF A HELL REASON !! Please

VC++ and Bordland can''t do anything the other can''t do for a game, it all depends on the skill of the programmer. Did you ever hear of ridilin and did you ever tell your parents thankyou for feeding you even thought your such a stupid person?

Ummm, because Borland users have horrible grammar and can''t spell words like ''why'' because they are so ''133t''.

btw, GCC all the way.
Hahahaha, me = stupid. hahahha i don't think so. Am i the one who's trying to close the topic with aggression. well i don't think so. Man if u wanna answer my question do it, if no you're welcome to quit !!! HAHAHAHAAHHA

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 10:13:37 PM
Metal Typhoon
Hahahaha, me = stupid. hahahha i don''t think so. Am i the one who''s trying to close the topic with aggression. well i don''t think so. Man if u wanna answer my question do it, if no you''re welcome to quit !!! HAHAHAHAAHHA

Go to bed little boy, its past your bedtime.
U don''t have the answer that''s why u just answer shit !!! and i though u knew how to program!!!! and me = no prgram. Shame on u !!

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement