🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

EVERYBODY PLEASE SEE THIS !!!!!

Started by
47 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 12 months ago
So just because they dont lie to the world about their compiler it makes it worse than the competition?

Advertising is done to get stuff sold, to make it look better than the competition, rarely is there truth in it. If Borlands compiler is so much better, why do the majority seem to be using VC around here? If Borland is so much better, why do companies that develope for Windows seem to be using VC more than Borland?
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Maximus
So just because they dont lie to the world about their compiler it makes it worse than the competition?

Advertising is done to get stuff sold, to make it look better than the competition, rarely is there truth in it. If Borlands compiler is so much better, why do the majority seem to be using VC around here? If Borland is so much better, why do companies that develope for Windows seem to be using VC more than Borland?

All the Bordland users like Metal Typhoon have migrated to the message boards because they can''t program. Why else would he be here?

More precisely, the newbie board
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Hummm.. Hahaha, funny guy. K i don''t know how to program right ? so i gotta use borland and u use vc++. since u KNOW ALOT then uses assembly. Hahahaha, after all u know how to program.. Hahaha. And i think u also meant to say that for all people who use VB and Delphi !!!!

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
quote: Original post by Metal Typhoon
Hummm.. Hahaha, funny guy. K i don''t know how to program right ? so i gotta use borland and u use vc++. since u KNOW ALOT then uses assembly. Hahahaha, after all u know how to program.. Hahaha. And i think u also meant to say that for all people who use VB and Delphi !!!!

I''m funny, wow, thanks for the comment. Chances are you don''t know how yep. You dont have to use anything you can use whatever you want.Yes I know simple programming but I''m no guru and I am not writing a book, I never said I was. You think I mean to say for all the people who use VB and Delphi, ummm, no. I can say what I want to say for myself and I don''t want you talking for me. Your post proves that you are beyond a dought a moron and should remove yourself from the gene pool immediately. Case closed. Someone should close this post probably. As for me, I''ll be leaving now, bye!

If Borlands compiler is so much better, why do the majority seem to be using VC around here? If Borland is so much better, why do companies that develope for Windows seem to be using VC more than Borland?

Your answer is simple and with a question to think about , WHY MOST OF THE PEOPLE USE WINDOW AND NOT LINUX ?

See look this way. Windows was created great , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people don''t like microsoft anymore. They want to put them down. Vc++ was created , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people still like it. WILL IT FOLLOOW THE LAST STEP ? FALL DOWN ? hummm... seems pretty much that it will since it''s from the so hated MICROSOFT right ?

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Tell me why we should use assembly when we can get the same results using C++ and not having to spend nearly as much time. Only very time critical pieces of code need to be hand coded in assembly, and even then its quite easy to actually make it slower if you dont know what you''re doing.

I have yet to see a reason from you on why people should be using Borland for game programming. Nobody needs any of those features that VC "supposedly" doesnt have to code games.
Thank you, Maximus. That''s kind of what I was getting at

"Borland is better because Borland''s web site says so". Hmm ....
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Tell me why we should use assembly when we can get the same results using C++ and not having to spend nearly as much time. Only very time critical pieces of code need to be hand coded in assembly, and even then its quite easy to actually make it slower if you dont know what you''re doing.

I have yet to see a reason from you on why people should be using Borland for game programming. Nobody needs any of those features that VC "supposedly" doesnt have to code games.

K i''ll answer that. U don''t have to program in assembly cuz u have c++ in which makes life better ? right ? SO. why program in Vc++ when borland make''s life better ??

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Your answer is simple and with a question to think about , WHY MOST OF THE PEOPLE USE WINDOW AND NOT LINUX ?

Because it has greater compatibility and does what they want perhaps? Because they dont have the time to download linux? There are different reasons why people use different operating systems.

See look this way. Windows was created great , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people don''t like microsoft anymore. They want to put them down. Vc++ was created , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people still like it. WILL IT FOLLOOW THE LAST STEP ? FALL DOWN ? hummm... seems pretty much that it will since it''s from the so hated MICROSOFT right ?

Lamest thing Ive read all week. Congrats.
Anyway I agree with Anon. in that this thread should be closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement