Advertisement

[4E5] Roll call!

Started by June 04, 2006 11:17 AM
228 comments, last by userjp 18 years ago
Despite having said I was in last year and it not happening.....

In!

I've already worked out how I'm going to incorporate 3 of the 4 elements into the story, just have to work Emotion into it somehow.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
A definate maybe. Guess I'm the only one who thinks the elements suck compared to last time.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by RAZORUNREAL
A definate maybe. Guess I'm the only one who thinks the elements suck compared to last time.

I agree. They're more creative, but I can't come up with a good idea.

I'll enter if I can think of a good story, but I may just make a game not for the contest, to go my own way. Whether I enter it or not, I'm starting to make a action rpg(2D).
The elements are more constraining than last year. RPNZ was form, not function--turn your shoot-the-aliens-with-lasers game into a shoot-the-zombies-with-shuriken game and you've got an entry. This year, games are going to be a lot more "into" the elements. That's good if you're looking for inspiration, and bad if you're trying to steer your partially completed game into 4E. Overall, I think it'll produce some interesting games, but at the same time I don't plan to shelve my current project in order to enter.
I may take a lunge at this, I'm a beginner, so don't expect a 3D RTS, but I'll probably try a text adventure, thank goodness we've got a while to work on this.
Quote: Original post by Sneftel
The elements are more constraining than last year. RPNZ was form, not function--turn your shoot-the-aliens-with-lasers game into a shoot-the-zombies-with-shuriken game and you've got an entry. This year, games are going to be a lot more "into" the elements. That's good if you're looking for inspiration, and bad if you're trying to steer your partially completed game into 4E. Overall, I think it'll produce some interesting games, but at the same time I don't plan to shelve my current project in order to enter.
I don't know. The elements require more thought, but I don't know that they're all that constraining. I think we'll see more well-planned games, at least.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by AdamskiAirsoft
but I'll probably try a text adventure

If you're serious about that, I'd be pretty interested in playing that game. It would need a good storyline to incorporate the elements good and I'd be quite interested in seeing how that turned out.
Progress is born from the opportunity to make mistakes.

My prize winning Connect 4 AI looks one move ahead, can you beat it? @nickstadb
I love the elements this year. I'm probably not going to be entering due to time constraints but thanks to the contest I have come up with a new game idea that fits into the 4 elements. I hope to at least do a design write up for myself and possibly use it in the future for an IGF entry.

Kudos to the organizers for making people stretch this year.
Since its so early in is development, I'll be converting what little I have of Cogs of Conflict: Klaxon to fit the 4e5 guidlines.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
I have just created 4e5_game_design_doc.doc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement