🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Free Resource Thread (updated 5/27/06)

Started by
83 comments, last by Namethatnobodyelsetook 14 years, 9 months ago
I don't think it's listed in the original post: Paul Bourke's collection of textures
Advertisement
Is there a specific reason that Quake3 is not mentioned, but QuakeForge and Quake2 are? Is there an issue with the license or something?

Thanks
Quote: Original post by Jaymar
Is there a specific reason that Quake3 is not mentioned, but QuakeForge and Quake2 are? Is there an issue with the license or something?
The last time this thread saw an update was before the Q3 source was released. (Yes, I know what the date says. That was just repair of existing links.)

It's added now.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
It's been a long time, and a new 4E is coming. Anybody have new suggestions to add to the list, or find any dead links, etc?

Generally just want to do a refresh of this thread.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I am inclined to think we could do with a sub-section of 'Libraries' for Math libraries - possibly because I can't come up with any offhand ;)

I am using a hacked together set of home grown math classes - built from god knows what, bits a pieces from all over. It has bugs, and I would like to replace it, but the typical suggestion seems to be to 'use an engine' - which I don't wish to do right now (and it is ridiculously hard to de-couple the math portion of an engine).

Edit: I don't see enet in the network libraries section - http://enet.cubik.org/

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I fully intend to make use of Sound Portfolio and Bob's Mighty MIDI Site. I think they're worth adding.

In the physics section:
It looks like the NovodeX SDK has changed it's name to the PhysX SDK
The page for Physical is now here.
The Open Dynamics Framework page seems to be dead.

[Edited by - Dark Adept on September 20, 2007 9:31:09 PM]
"It is not enough to merely faces one's fears. One must run screaming toward them,"
I found a good database of 3d models. Mostly are syndicated "free for non-commercial use" models.

here are the terms and conditions
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
It might be worth mentioning the jMonkey Engine - http://www.jmonkeyengine.com.
Quote: Original post by superpig
Just checked out the license agreement for NVidia's 110MB Transmogrifying Textures Volume 1 pack. It looks like they're acceptable - you might want to check it yourself.

I suck at reading and understanding licenses, so can someone explain how this means it's ok to use in the contest?

Quote:

You may not use, copy, display, modify or distribute the Images except in strict accordance with this License Agreement. Company hereby grants to you the following worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license for the Term below, with respect to its rights in the Images:

You may install the Images on an unlimited number of computers; provided that all such computers are physically located at your place of business located at a single specific street address (or its equivalent). You may use and access the Images only at that one location and only as follows: You may use, copy and modify the Images in the creation and presentation of videogames, animations and renderings; provided that you may neither: (a) separately publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense all or any part of the Images except in derivative form from which the original, or a substantially similar version of the original Image can be extracted; (b) output the Images to a print format other than for collateral materials (such as sales literature and illustrations) which support your primary electronic use of the Images. Subject to the foregoing limitations, and the rights, you may copy and distribute your animations and renderings incorporating the Images.

Now that I read it more thoroughly, I guess it's the last part. You're along to redistribute an image, as long as the original (with small modifications) can be retrieved from the distributed package. Is that correct?
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote: Original post by Dark Adept
I fully intend to make use of Sound Portfolio and Bob's Mighty MIDI Site. I think they're worth adding.

In the physics section:
It looks like the NovodeX SDK has changed it's name to the PhysX SDK
The page for Physical is now here.
The Open Dynamics Framework page seems to be dead.

is the PhysX still alaviable to use as 3rd party lib.?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement