🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lemonade anyone?

Started by
38 comments, last by The President 23 years, 10 months ago
I hear ya, me and my 2 brothers and 2 sisters, would sit there and play for hours.. It was kinda pointless because we would usually mimic each others choices..

SpyHunter was pretty cool, you could drive into the back of those trucks and get some cool stuff.. If I recall correctly.

River Raid, gotta love that game.

I''d have to go look in my basement at the exact title of this game, but we had this kinda spaceship game for the larger atari, I think it was the 5200? I can''t remember, I know we owned 2 seperate ataris, one with larger cassetes, the other with smaller ones.. But you were this little spaceship and you woud fly blowing up all these pieces to a larger spaceship.. turrets, etc, etc.. We also had this ''nasa space sim'' where you had to launch your rocket and complete missions.

Wow, I think I have a tear in my eye.. I remember the good old days.. Memories.. in the corner of my mind.. ^_^

Prez
Avid Gamer & Designer
Advertisement
Just remembered: Cannon Fodder! What a classic! And WORMS! I loved that... Expecially the sheep

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
Bahhh Bahhh Bahhh.. KABOOOM!!!!!!! There goes half the screen.. erm, oh wait.. the banana takes half the screen.

I still consider myself the master at worms armageddon.. Seriously, People see my skills with the ninja rope and its the kinda thing they tell their friends about.. I can get into/out of any situation with my trusty ninja rople.

Prez(I really should put a signature so I don''t have to write new things each time)
Avid Gamer & Designer
Same.. but I am not talking Armageddon, I am talking ORIGINAL... That ninja rope is excellent... you can get from one side of the map to the other usually... I love dragonballing people off the edge though

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
I always liked load runner.Very nice little game.
Or the first Mario games!Real fun.

But from the games era i mostly like the 1985-1995 era.
Well i had some really great times then!

And now i love this revival through abandonware and emulation.
But i really don''t get it why some people are against abandonware.
I mean since their companies do not support them anymore and they have no profit from them why shouldn''t i download and copy them?

The same thing applies for emulation of old games(not n64 emulation and other consoles still sold).

Let''s keep computer game history alive!
Support abandonware!
Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
And sorry Mr.President for the flaming in another post of yours but i just can''t hold myself when i hear about professional standards and such.

I mean professionals are not hired this way

Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
I love the menu music for wolf 3d , kinda erie and if you listen to it for too long , it sticks in your head and wont go . The only other modern gam with such definative music is UT just after you fire it up.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Does anyone remember a racing game for (I think) the NES. I''m pretty sure it was called ''Built to Win'' or something like that. It was the coolest racing game. You started with a POS car, but you won money from races. Then you''d either improve your car with beter stuff or buy a new, better car. You could even go to Vegas and hit the slot machines.

I love this game, but nobody I talk to has ever heard of it. If any body has a rom of this game for an emulator, please let me know. I have an emulator with about a million roms, but not this one!
[I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be]
Does anyone remember a text-adventure game called Zyll? It was made by IBM a long time ago. I thought it was much better than Zork.

You can check it out here

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends up making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Freddy Parkas was released to both PC and Amiga, I think. The (nowadays dead ) computer magazine I read gave it good recension on the PC platform. Weird cuz it was an Amiga magazine (And it rocks so hard! I still read them sometimes).

What was that Lemonade Stand game about?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement