🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The dream game

Started by
28 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 12 months ago
A game I would like to try is a FPS taken in the world of UFO: Enemy unknown. Remember that game? Imagien the game when you went on missions the terrain/cities would be 100% real and you could do anything you wanted, like instead of going through a door you blew a big nice hole in the wall. And in the game the enemies would act like they where real, like snipe from windows, hide behinde doors, work in groups.

And like the original game, you could research new weapons which you then could go out and try. And in missions you could jump between team members, or play multiplayer and controll a member each.

I would LOVE to play a game like that.

Mavster
Advertisement
Well Now,

I suppose the ultimate RPG. It would take years
of designing and creating. After all I would
want it to be the best around, masive too.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
Easy...I would create the ultimate "RPG" (one that deserved the name), including all the weird ideas everybody on this forum came up with. It would feature totally realistic NPCs, who act completely dynamic, an AI which would understand human language etc. Also, the world would be GIGANTIC and you could do just about everything you wanted and play forever.
--------------------------Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind...
Interesting. Now lets take into account that there is a lot of people in the world able to do all of the fantastic special fx and all aswell.

What would you make now?

We are their,
"Children of the Free"
An MMORPG, where you live in a world that's medieval, but there are (or were) also beings who have bestowed lightspeed starship technology on your world, so you can live both in the future and in the past...

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"

Edited by - DarkMage139 on July 1, 2000 4:37:39 PM
- DarkMage139
Well Now,

I love the concept of Medevil/fantasy and future
combined in a game. No one game springs to mind.
But if a good game like that were to be released
I would definelty buy it. Carry on DarkMage.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
The game I''m working on right now is quite close to my dream game. But I''ll write it down anyway:

A living, modern city with thousands of characters constantly living and breathing with extreme AI. You can talk to any of them and interact with any of them ... they all have their own voice actor. The world is alive in every way that our world is. You are driven by a great plot that is linear in nature but arriving at the different points has scores of different possibilities. The game adapts to the player''s style. For instance, if the player tends to be into sneaking around and being stealth, the AI of characters such as guards, etc beefs up. If a player likes more thinking tasks, like negotiation and such, that kind of AI in the appropriate characters increases. The world is vividly realistic and there is seemingly infinite replayability.

That''s what I''d like to do someday. What I''m doing now is the same thing, minus the thousands of characters (down to hundreds), the unbelievable, adapting AI, and the extremely vivid world (no CPU in the world can handle the kind of graphics I''m dreaming up for the above game).

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
_Date_With_Destiny_ (for fullbody VR)

Destiny is a small city. You''re one of the city''s residents, and the direction the city takes and all the events that happen within it are your responsibility. The NPCs are so real that if you''re not careful you might fall in love with one. There''s no scoring, and no way to win the game unless you yourself decide you''ve won. The only superpowers you get to help you cope with this huge responsibility are the ability to pause and unpause reality or to revert to a previous save. The entire contents of the library of congress are accessible from within the game. The VR bodysuit requires real use of your muscles, so you get buff while you play. Oh, and it''s multi-player.

Recipie for the downfall of civilization? Who cares! An ego trip? Absolutely! Stick an IV in my arm and let me play!

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I read an article about an actual pro developer that was asked this question. he responded by saying that a simulation of our own world would be the best. you could do anything you could do in everyday life but instead do it in this virtual world. kinda like a second chance at life.

JoeMont001@aol.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
What about making a world that is totally different. Or how about making a universe. Say a universe full of water. No gravity. Different physics etc, would this be exciting? I say leave emulating the real world to the scientists.

Or something unnatural perhaps like a real god race.

We are their,
"Children of the Free"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement