🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

demo of game in progress (different speedway)

Started by
21 comments, last by ufulio 1 year, 8 months ago

Please just need what you think playing this new game

https://ufulio.itch.io/mautrack-test-002

will be multiplayer very soon, november 2022

4 players per sesion.

thansk for comment… always welcome , will apreciate so much.

NOTE: you can drive on cell phone wih the wheelrive or / and … desktop with arrows too

Advertisement

I've tried within VirtualBox, so i have no WebGL in hardware, thus 5-10 fps. But the experience was still more challenging than frustrating.
Seems good work to me, afaict from that :D

Slight issue with the visuals: Due to heavy use of pure blue, the image feels cold. That's mildly depressing - i has ‘the blues’.

I would change this by moving the hue of grass more into the direction yellow. And i would use cyan and brightness on the horizon of the sky. And a red car.

I guess most people would prefer such warmer, more optimistic impression.

I think its nice I had some fun playing, keep up the good work

thanks a lot … really thanks ….. !!!!

i will give an update very soon

and

I need to know if the manageability is better in the next update. thank you

@JoeJ re: Blue – that's what they said about PIcasso, after his friend committed suicide by gunfire. So, after his blue period, he went rose. Is that what you're asking for? Rosy visuals? LOL

taby said:
Is that what you're asking for? Rosy visuals? LOL

Idk Picassos story, only Van Goghs. Sometimes i have the impression that many gamedevs are constantly close to mental breakdowns too. Artists like Van Gogh seemingly used this as a source for inspiration. So every shit has its upsides.

Regarding the relation of colors to emotions, that's definitively a thing, and we want to control it. But many people lack a sense for the subtle effects of hue and they rely on feedback of others to make them aware. So i mention it if i think that's the case.

Have you ever seen a washed out print from the rain? Often one of the colors is missing, e.g. magenta. The above image looks a bit like that. There is just pure blue, and green (which also is closer to blue than to yellow).
Obviously the creator likes blue, but pure blue does not appear in nature. We only get the cyan from the sky, but no pure blue. Its not ugly to me at all, but i think it is an extreme used unintentionally.
The game surely is meant to feel just fun and positive. Sunshine, and warmth. To nail this, you could look at Segas Outrun, for example.
But then you might think: Let's do something different. Because all car games look like Outrun. It's boring. So why not blue car instead always a red car, and a blue sky instead always a gradient from blue to cyan.
That's a good intend if so. But to me the strength of the game is not innovative new mechanics or designs, it is more that it implements traditional mechanics well, and better than the average car game clone.
So i see no need to do experiments on alternative color design. Copying Outrun or something similar would be better because it generates the proper mood and expectations.

(The real template obviously is Trackmania not Outrun, i guess ; )

YES ….. INSPIRED ON trackmania ….. BUT ….. willl include puzzles

riddles will possibly be included, and RISKY TRICKS, it will be like a more adventurous tracmania,

but the idea is to unlock levels by winning competitions against real opponents in multipayer.

the idea is to win virtual coins in FREE competitions, rewarding the winners, or if you want to buy them you will also have that option, IAP later.

The idea is to repeat a more adventurous, more accessible, and more addictive TACKMANIA pro within the reach of basic cell phones.

eye, I am also willing to have a partner partner

Idk how many thousand hours i've played Trackmania. Played it side by side with my wife over LAN, while talking about the day.
I think it's the best racing game. And i always wanted to make one myself, but with tracks made from Splines. Pretty nice to see someone else actually did it ; )

The killer feature probably is the track editor, which guaranteed enough content to play it over so many years. If you succeed, you could add this as well maybe.
Good luck!

@JoeJ I will be uploading, updates and I would appreciate your advice .... thank you ....

and yesterday and today I updated the handling, damping, and thrust torque.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement