🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Test my DirectX GUI

Started by
12 comments, last by CGameProgrammer 24 years, 3 months ago
Heh, that was a design decision, about the menus. I hate the way Windows does it -- put the cursor over a submenu, and the sub''s automatically expanded. Because if the menu''s like this:

-- PopUp A -----------
-- PopUp B -----------

Then if I want to expand PopUp A, while I''m moving the cursor to the right to get at its submenu, if the cursor wanders over PopUp B, A is closed and PopUp B is expanded instead, and that''s annoying.

What does anyone else feel about this?

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Advertisement
Your GUI kicks some serious ass. You could probably make it commercial, if the code is flexible enough...

You plan to release it? I know I wouldn''t mind using something like that.
I just tried it but it didn''t work... I got a popup saying
the DirectInput object couldn''t be created, then the
program crashed.

I''m using Win95B/DirectX 6.1 on a P133 with 48 MB RAM and a
2 MB SVGA-card. Yeah, I know...
Spunge, the build of GUITest you have requires DirectX 7.0. It doesn''t actually need it, I just need to change a #define to allow previous versions of DirectX. The real version it should need is 5.0, or possibly 6.0. Does anyone remember what DirectDraw version is required for the gamma control?

Also, kill, I don''t plan on releasing the GUI alone. It will be embedded in GameDude, and games for it will use the GUI, with their own .gui files.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement