🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Test my DirectX GUI

Started by
12 comments, last by CGameProgrammer 24 years, 3 months ago
I wrote a GUI test program that demonstrates the various capabilities of my DirectX GUI. The GUI is not open-source; it's to be used in my game creation system GameDude (in progress). Anyway, I'd appreciate it if people would download the test, and report any bugs. Whether it works or not, can you post here your DirectX version, operating system, RAM, and video memory? I know it works with some people, whereas others have not been able to run it, so I'd appreciate any help in finding out why. Download it from here: www.geocities.com/cgamedude/guitest.zip. GeoCities will claim it's a dead link if you left-click it; you have to right-click the link and select Save Target As to download it. Don't forget to unzip it with "Use Folder Names" checked. ~CGameProgrammer( );

Edited by - CGameProgrammer on 3/10/00 12:05:02 AM

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Advertisement
dude, the link is broken
You may want to try homepage.com (www.homepage.com).
You''ll get an ugly adress (http://myname.homepage.com) without the www part, but you have ftp access, it''s quick and you may upload any type of file.

If it doesn''t work, perhaps I can help you, I own the domain www.lunaticsystems.de, so I could place the file somewhere like www.lunaticsystems.de/cgameprogrammer/dxgui.zip or so..

-Markus-
Professional C++ and .NET developer trying to break into indie game development.
Follow my progress: http://blog.nuclex-games.com/ or Twitter - Topics: Ogre3D, Blender, game architecture tips & code snippets.
I edited my previous post with updated download instructions. Once again, they are:

Download it from here: www.geocities.com/cgamedude/guitest.zip. GeoCities will claim it''s a dead link if you left-click it; you have to right-click the link and select Save Target As to download it.

Don''t forget to unzip it with "Use Folder Names" checked.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Nice job on the functionality of the GUI. However, I must be honest and say that it is... well... ugly. I''m sure this is a minor point. Nice job.
Not bad, it''s a good GUI setup, but you need to work on the colors. Also, when you click GUI ABILITIES> Tab cycling, you can''t close that window.
Oh yeah, it''s good .
...Lot better than I could''ve done

"When people tell you to tell the truth, you know that their lying."
Not bad. Way better than i could do. like the other guys/girls said, change the colors around

- Moe -

Oops. The tab window was the last one I added; I guess I forgot to add the code to close it.

Also, I just used basically random colors, along with some randomly selected bitmaps that I had already drawn for the real version of GameDude. But you can change everything. Just edit GUITest.gui. You can change the colors and bitmaps... well, you can change everything, since nothing is hard-coded (except the procedure handlers, the WindowProc functions).

~CGameProgrammer( );

Pretty cool. One thing that I didn''t like is that I had to click every time I wanted to go to a sub menu (unless I held down the button after I clicked, and then moved over the sub menu I wanted to open, in which case I had to release the mouse button).

I liked the way all of your information is in the one gui file. I''m doing something similar, but I''ve got the information for each window in a seperate file (kind of stems from my initial implementation where I used .ini files as a stop gap), and it''s a real pain to manage them.

Anyway, seemed to work fine with an AMD K6-2 450, 128MB RAM and a 16MB TNT card.

Mark Fassett
Laughing Dragon Entertainment
http://www.laughing-dragon.com

Mark Fassett

Laughing Dragon Games

http://www.laughing-dragon.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement