🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to Succeed as an Indie

Started by
3 comments, last by Dexterity 22 years, 4 months ago
I just added a new articles section at dexterity.com/articles which covers various topics related to succeeding as an indie developer. The 14 articles currently on the site are ones I wrote for the Association of Shareware Professionals members-only newsletter while I served as ASP Vice President and President from 1999 to 2001. I''ll be adding more articles to the site over time, focusing on the business/marketing/sales side of succeeding as an indie (as opposed to just the product development side). Some of these articles were published here on GameDev.net as well. Also, next month at the GDC, I''ll be hosting the "Secrets of Successful Indie Developers" roundtable again. Last year we had about 30 attendees, and the hardiest of us went on for 3.5 hours. This year''s session is 5-6pm, Sat, Mar 24, so please drop by if you''re an indie developer, and let''s get another great discussion going. Steve Pavlina Dexterity Software www.dexterity.com
-- Steve PavlinaDexterity Softwarewww.dexterity.com"Boredom's Greatest Enemy"Free Shareware Success Articles | Indie Game Dev Forums
Advertisement
you should probably get this up as an announcement, posts go down the "recently posted topics" list quickly, and this is something many people might be interested in
Looks like someone beat me to it. Thanks, Ironside.

Steve Pavlina
Dexterity Software
www.dexterity.com
-- Steve PavlinaDexterity Softwarewww.dexterity.com"Boredom's Greatest Enemy"Free Shareware Success Articles | Indie Game Dev Forums
Hey, very nice articles.

I think it''s worth posting it as a news item in the GDNet front page, I guess that''s what the anonymous poster meant.

Thanks a lot for the info, here and in the other thread.

--DK
--H. Hernán Moraldo
http://www.hhm.com.ar/
--DK--H. Hernán Moraldohttp://www.hhm.com.ar/Sign up to the HHM's developers' newsletter.
Aye. Nice to see someone has actually the time to write them.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement