🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to post/upload game demos?

Started by
2 comments, last by Mark Tanner 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi everyone, I''m looking for some good sites to upload a gamedemo to which would allow direct linking to the download URL. Tucows and so on do not allow direct linking anymore. I need something like cdrom.com used to offer but with access so I can upload new versions without having to wait ages for it to update. Because of bandwidth issues, I do not want to host the files myself. I would be interested in both free and paying sites (high bandwidth is the only important thing really) as long as the costs are reasonable (25 USD/mo. or something). Just getting a basic wesbite hosting will probably not give me enough bandwidth and going above your monthly limit costs major $$$. Does anyone know a good service? Mark
Advertisement
here''s a good list
some time ago i came accross this site : http://upload.it/ - it is all about shareware business a i think they have a pretty large section - not sure if all links work - but worth seeing if you are serious about uploading to all possible places

also check directories like dmoz/yahoo

-dex
Thanks for your links! That will help a lot.
Does anyone have any experience with using gigex.com to distribute your files? Or does anyone know where to get pricing for them? Or has anyone used regnow and knows how/how fast they submit to download.com?

My game demo is about 16MB. The last game demo I released was 9MB and got 50,000 downloads on download.com alone. The new game is a lot better so I really need some idea where to host the demo...

Thanks!

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement