🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Registry editing with C++

Started by
0 comments, last by Azurescens 22 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, I''m trying to write a program that will apply some simple registry tweaks to a windows system without having to do it manually. I know it doesn''t classify as a game but I was hoping someone could tell me how to create & modify registry keys in C++. Thanks
Advertisement
A few days ago I was asking myself the same question, and here is a small registry tutorial: http://qsoft.ragestorm.com/tutors/windows/registry.html

Not much but always a start, and then you can always search the MSDN, and check out the API calls (on Microsoft''s website in case you don''t have it on your computer). Only books I could seem to find on the subject was "Managing the Windows 2000 Registry" from O''Reilly, and some old Windows 95 Registry book from O''Reilly also. Good luck and if you find something really useful feel free to email me at info@modig.f2s.com!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement