🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with creating windows

Started by
0 comments, last by silent_whisper 22 years, 6 months ago
I am new to windows programming and recently purchaced "Tricks for Windows Game Programming..." My problem is after going through the code to create a window, it compiles but then gives 2 errors when linking. Here they are: LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol_main Debug/FirstWindow.exe : fatal error LNK1120 : 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I''m sure that I am just missed some stupid mistake. For a look at the code you can view the thread by "Taralieth." My code is the same (we have the same book, go figure). Here are my includes though: #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN #include <windows.h> #include <windowsx.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
the linker can''t find "main()" which means you must be trying to compile a console app as a window app.
you either have to find the compiler switch and select "win32 console application" (or something along those lines), or use WinMain() instead of main().

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement