🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wrote a Console game in C++ for all you beginners--Drug Wars II

Started by
2 comments, last by Promit 22 years, 5 months ago
Just finished a semester in C++ and want to make some console games? or just feel the need to plya Drug Wars in a Win32 console? Here''s the C++ source for it! 1200 lines of code(300 is actually comments for the beginners) that use nothing but while loops, cin''s, cout''s, and function calls. And it''s fun too! http://www.geocities.com/promitr/DrugWars.zip Download it and have fun! Oh yeah, I wrote this just after I finished my first semester of Comp Sci. I cleaned up all the code last night because it was kind of buggy, but I haven''t been through it too thoroughly. If there are still bugs, feel free to fix them and please email me at drugwars@zgx.cjb.net. ----------------------------- The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
It looks simple to me, man.
Thanks for this, it will be good to learn from, because i wanted to make a text based adventure game. And this is a perfect example to get started withthe game!
Excellent work Promit!
The code is small and simple and the comments are very helpful.
Also the code is a good example how to make a text-based adventure game.
Keep up the good work!
Hehe good job, plenty of comments.

Don''t sit and complain about a program, make a better one or shut up!
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement