🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmer AND artist?

Started by
30 comments, last by Stefpet 24 years, 4 months ago
Ah yes composing!
It's a hobby of mine!
Music I compose was never published, but my friends say it's good (even when they don't know it was composed by me). Styles I like are Drum'n'Base, Breakbeat(my favorite), Hip Hop, Acid, anything experimental
(mail me if want to hear something of what I have composed)

I think if you are REALLY creative, you are creative from any side, and that helps. For example when I write an easy program I quickly draw a logo for it and it momentary has a proffessional look. Cool!

When you can do everything on your own all you need is time.
Time - that is a thing that lacks to me. If I only had a time I'd create the best //put your own dream here// all over the world!

It's bad to be a color blind. . . . . I think so. . .
dog135 :> So what about your grands? If they live here, mail me, I can contact them if you want.

---------------------------------

Oh i've got one single legal (excluding freeware) program - mouse driver shipped with my mouse [ROFL] !

Edited by - Maluke on 2/1/00 4:16:29 PM
[Cause nobody can do it like mixmaster can]-+-+-{BEaSTy BOYs}Maluke [MLKent@mail.ru]
Advertisement
Where do you guys get your slightly illegal software. I need a graphics program, but I can''t afford any of them.

Sorry this is off topic.
did you know 3D studio MAX cost $10,000!? That''s crap. I have a pirated copy of it, Adobe Photoshop, and Paint Shop Pro. Where to get them? I''ll pretend like I don''t know. (www.new-warez.com has warez and links to other sites) but you didn''t hear that from me. ;-)
I compose my own music, I don''t know if there''s a genre for it, but I forte at dreary, bleak, keep you at the edge of your seat music. I suck at graphics. I either steal those or have my talented friend create them for me.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
3D studio max cost $3500, about $1000 if you are a student..
www.ktx.com

-Syntax
-dieraxx@iname.com
-Lucas
Everyone can afford Paintshop Pro, Animation Master 2000, Nendo, Bryce 3... etc, etc...

People that take their calling seriously should invest in their software, it''s not only the decent thing to do, but it also helps you in your endeavours. When you''ve parted from some money you make damn sure you get your investement worth - thus you work more.

Where do you think all those sucky MAX guys come from? www.warezdudez.com
Stefpet - that''s true, I agree... if your artist isn''t talented and can''t work without guidance, it''s often easier to do it yourself.

RANT: As for piracy - it doesn''t matter if you can''t afford it, or if it''s not available where you are. Piracy is stealing.

I hope that you pirates either %(*$&ing grow up and pay for the software that you use, or that you end up in jail like all the other theives.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
I''m really curious how many of the people who claim they are artists & programmers actually have FORMAL ARTISTIC TRAINING. I used to believe I was both when I was majoring in CS, however I transferred to art to study computer animation and discovered what I never before realized. the world is full of people who think they are artists but really aren''t (i even used to be one of them). I used to think I could draw, but it was nothing compared to what formal training has offered me. anyone can use graphic software (i.e. the picture above), very few people are sensitive enough to create good design and composition. being artistic enough to wow your friends is not being an artist. I would estimate that MOST programmers think they are artists, everybody who has ever created a sphere in Max, drawn a person on notebook paper, used a cheesy photoshop filter, or created a web page thinks that, but really how many of the people here actually have had figure drawing classes, or truelly studied proportions, perspective, lighting, color, composition, design and balance.
Yes ''anony'' you''re right, but ''pic above'' was created without ANY filters - just brush strokes. Do you think everyone who create something good (for ex. in art) must have studied that? I think I''m good at programming and I KNOW I can TEACH any of my teachers of programming in university. They are ''old'' (mostly 40+) and think Delphi is the way Windows works, when they see my really clear API cone (no VCL) they can''t understand what''s that and say not to use any ADDONs !!! Sucks!
So an artist has to study rpoportions. What if I''m an mathematician and know what is proportions and what is perspective better than any artist that should teach me? You think that to compose music you must study how to do it. I say that I SEARCHED teacher to show me up how to create really good breakbeats, sure I haven''t found any. I started experimenting and now SIX months later I can say I''m a PRO in breakbeats for sure!! Sure studding helps, but the only way of studding I think is good for creative jobs is EXPERIENCE EXCHANGE !!! Thats why all we love I-Net and GameDev ! (most of us)

I hope most of YOU do support me. Please confirm.

[Cause nobody can do it like mixmaster can]-+-+-{BEaSTy BOYs}

Maluke [MLKent@mail.ru]
[Cause nobody can do it like mixmaster can]-+-+-{BEaSTy BOYs}Maluke [MLKent@mail.ru]
I''ve noticed my first message was deleted. Sure I should have not pasted my image into message, sorry.

About pirating. YES it''s a crime. But if someone uses 3D MAX illegally to gain experience and then past some time buys it and makes money with it is it bad? Or he should guess that 3D MAX is good tool buy it, try it, discover he can''t make use of it and put on the shelf? Or hear 3D MAX is a cool tool but not to buy it cause it''s too expensive for him and he doesn''t want to risk buying tool he never tried?

[Cause nobody can do it like mixmaster can]-+-+-{BEaSTy BOYs}

Maluke [MLKent@mail.ru]
Check this:

ftp://ftp.unicyb.kiev.ua/pub/

That''s my faculty''s OFFICIAL site. You can find a lot of pirated software and only pirated software there.

If you have a proggie but don''t have a reg. key try hack it on your own, it''s challanging. You can find tools for reverse engeneering at:

www.neworder.box.sk

If you can''t do it on your own, can for sure find it there:

www.astalavista.box.sk

BUT IF YOU MAKE USE OF ANY PROGRAM -- CONSIDER BUYING IT !!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement