🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problems

Started by
1 comment, last by insiej 22 years, 6 months ago
I have a few problems. At first I''m from The Netherlands and there isn''t a single book available about game developing Are there any online books or very good tutorials about game developing? Or should I order a book from amazone or something like that? I''m also learning c++. I have bought 2 books today. C++ in 21 Days(4th ed, Jesse Liberty) and C++ in 24 Hours(Also Jesse Liberty) ofcourse in Dutch. But both books don''t cover MFC as far as I have seen/read. But is that a problem? Do I need voor game developing MFC???? And are there any Dutch developers here??? Yours, Paul
Advertisement
You do not need MFC for game programming. It makes games run slower if you use it. If you are just starting out, you can learn C++ first by downloading Thinking in C++ Vol 1&2 from Bruce Eckel. It is in English, but is very thorough. It also is not platform specific, so it just concentrates on the language. Once you finish that, Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus, by Andre LaMothe, is a good book to start learning DirectX and game programming in genereal.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Man,

what are you crying about? You can read/write English? You can find words in a English/Dutch distionary?? BUY AN ENGLISH BOOK! I''m from the Netherlands too, 18 years and I bought Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus and I will buy another English book soon. At my work Experience place I''ve learned VB from an English book. Most of these books don''t use very hard words, just simple plain English like you and I learned at school.

Member of the Stupid Coders.
http://www.stupidcoders.cjb.net

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement