🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MFC and C++

Started by
1 comment, last by Novice 22 years, 6 months ago
I''ve only really had a brief look at MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) and have noticed that it is somewhat of a simplified version of C++ (very similar to Visual Basic). I am true novice...I have minimal experience in C++ and no experience in any other language out there except Visual Basic (the little that I took in school). So, my question is this: Is MFC a good way to start out learning C++? should I ignore MFC? or should I learn C++ and then move on to MFC? Please help...
Advertisement
You should learn C++ , just the sytnax. You should do your programmming in console mode.
For more info, check out my newbiefaq www.newbiefaqx.cjb.net

hopes that help.
You make MFC sound like a language. It''s not. It''s an API; actually, it''s a thin C++ wrapper over the Windows API. In other words, it''s just a set of C++ classes and lots of funky macros. I''d tend to suggest staying away from it until you''re actually comfortable with C++, not because MFC is tricky C++ (it''s not), but because it''s rather cumbersome. Stick to console apps for a while until you learn some more of the C++ language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement