🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Java IDE/compiler

Started by
5 comments, last by mdfmKoRn 22 years, 6 months ago
Does anybody know where I can get a good Java IDE/compiler? ---- Herb M. (mdfmKoRn) s3202@attbi.com
Advertisement
maybe from sun?
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
yeah, look for Forte. It''s programmed in Java though, so it''s very slow.
"There are two types of languages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."Standardized C++ LibrariesGamecron PC GamingA Christian Blog
I hear a lot of talk about IBM''s IDE too, Eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/

It''s written in Java but uses their own GUI architecture to get around Swing''s slowness.

Henry
There''s always JCreator too. There''s two versions, LE (which is free, but has less functionality), and Pro (which will cost money). You can take a look at it on www.jcreator.com

My university decided to buy licenses and support this IDE instead of using Forte (which is free) b/c it''s sooooo much faster. Then again, I use Forte b/c it''s free and I don''t like programming in the cpu labs on campus, but am forced to deal with it''s slowness. There are always trade-offs I suppose . . .hope this helps.

-TheQSource
-TheQSource
I have alwasys used Textpad (free to d/l) as my editor. It then uses the default compiler that comes with the SDK from Sun - which I find does a fine job. Hope that helps

James Nicholls
aka Schpickles

jimschpick@yahoo.co.uk
James Nichollsaka Schpicklesjimschpick@yahoo.co.ukICQ: 56780866
Thanks everyone.

TheQSource: That''s definitely what I was looking for! Comming from a background in MSVC, it was perfect.

----
Herb M. (mdfmKoRn)
www.sky-meyg.com
s3202@attbi.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement