🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Projects

Started by
1 comment, last by Nothingness 22 years, 6 months ago
Well, i have been learning C++ for about a year and a half now. I screwd up the first year, by getting my self confused, by trying to do things i knew i couldnt do. So i decided to "really" learn c++. Ok so i got a book, and i have been doing really good, but, i have a program block. I cant think of anything to do(programm) to see if im really larning. I was hopeing if the people here can give some quick programming problems to see if i can do it. BTW I am up to pointers,classes,but, i havent done arrays, or polymorphism, etc.
Advertisement
Well im new im up to inheritance, and i think u should really learn arrays before you start to think of a "thing" to program. They seem to help. I mean u should still make programs to improve your C++ skills, just anything big u might need arrays.

I''m new at this so you might consider someone elses perspective on this.
If I could get my head around template classes I would have things down pat. My best suggestion to you would be to head to the bookstore at your local college at buy-back time. Find out what text the Computer Science classes are using, and what the buy-back value is. Put a notice on the bulletin board either outside or in the student center offering more than the buy-back, but less than you would pay to get one yourself from the bookstore. This way you and the student both come out ahead.

The textbook will have exercises at the end of each section/chapter and answers to some of them. If you are lucky, the student may let you have his(her) corrected assignments. By the way, I would recommend C++: How to Program by Deitel and Deitel, if you can find it. I think it is in 3rd edition now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement