🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Happy 25th Birthday, Gamedev.net!

Started by
2 comments, last by mutex 1 day, 13 hours ago

I find this site indispensable. I truly enjoy the conversation, even when I'm wrong. :)

Advertisement

The ride has been amazing. It is hard to believe 25 years have passed. I remember the late 1990s and learning about this upstart website, and the people chatting on IRC, being on a different network and people suggesting “come on over to this one, it's a good, growing group.” I was one of the senior moderators on the C and C++ language channels on Undernet, as well as in Gamedev. Several people were pushing to the fairly small AfterNET servers Gamedev channel, and this site.

The site has transformed itself several times, and remains a great resource.

The reason it took six years for me to create an account was one of those transformations. Originally the site allowed anonymous posts – the internet was different back then – and it was years before I wrote a post that needed an account. Hopefully there are many more years of greatness.

Happy birthday! (A few days late. )

Happy birthday! Surprised but also glad to see that the site is still around.

Advertisement