πŸŽ‰ Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! πŸŽ‰

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to make Turn based game

Started by
4 comments, last by toryrutter 1Β year, 3Β months ago

Good day i am learning Kotlin development master class course on Udemy and i whanted to also learn how to make turn based games in Kotlin on Android mobile phones.

But i never made any game, so i dont know how to start. When i entered in google phrase kotlin games it showed me KorGE game engine for Kotlin but will it be good for turn based games and how to do it?

Advertisement

This is not a Game Design matter. What is game design? Moved to For Beginners.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I asked ChatGPT how to make a turn based game in Kotlin:

Learning to make turn-based games in Kotlin for Android mobile phones requires a good understanding of the Kotlin programming language, Android development, and game development concepts. Here are the steps you can follow to get started:

1. Learn Kotlin programming: Start by learning the Kotlin programming language. You can follow online tutorials, watch videos, or read books to learn the basics of Kotlin. Some popular online resources include Kotlin official documentation, Kotlin for Android Developers book, and Kotlin Koans.

2. Learn Android development: To develop games for Android, you need to learn the Android platform, its components, and its development tools. You can start by reading the official Android documentation or taking online courses.

3. Choose a game engine: To make turn-based games, you can use a game engine like Unity or libGDX. Unity is a popular game engine that has a lot of resources and tutorials available online. libGDX is a lightweight game engine that uses Java and Kotlin, making it a good option for Android game development.

4. Start coding: Once you have a good understanding of Kotlin, Android development, and game engines, you can start coding your game. Follow the game engine's documentation to learn how to create your game, and use Kotlin to write the game logic.

5. Test your game: Test your game on an Android device to make sure everything works as expected. You can also use emulators to test your game on different screen sizes and resolutions.

6. Publish your game: Once your game is ready, you can publish it on the Google Play Store or other app stores. Follow the app store's guidelines to prepare your game for publishing.

Remember that making a game is a complex process, and it may take time to learn all the necessary skills. However, by following these steps and practicing, you can create a turn-based game in Kotlin for Android mobile phones.

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Ok i think i started to write my vision today on ms excel all details how it will look like and how it will all work etc.

I whant to do 2d turn based game you know fighting monsters etc. but can i do it in Korge game engine or i have to do in libgdx or Unity?

Korge game engine seems fine for Android game dev.

@Tom - Do I need to credit Google for this answer? :D

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚<←The tone posse, ready for action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement