🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hi I'm new. Unreal best option ?

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 5 months ago

Hallo everyone. My name is BBCblkn and I'm new on this forum. Nice to virtually meet you ?.

One of my biggest dreams is to make my own videogame. I love writing design as in text on how my dream game would be.

Now I got no skills to create it. But who knows what life will bring.

Is Unreal the best program to have fun with an experience ? Obviously I prefer a simple but capable program. Not pre designed auto drop.

Why not install Unreal and roam into it and see if anything happens.

My favorite games are in the genre of Fantasy, usually stone age with magic. Dota, Homm, Diablo and the odd one out is the genius Starcraft 1. But I played plenty of different games, especially when I way younger. I don't game currently at all but designing gets my creative juices flowing and is so inspiring and fun.

Thanks for having me guys

Advertisement

BBCblkn said:
My name is BBCblkn

I am truly sorry for you. Even Elons daughter has a better name than that.

BBCblkn said:
Is Unreal the best program to have fun with an experience ?

Give it a try, but it's not meant for total beginners.
Starting small always is a good idea. 2D is easier than 3D. You could try GameMaker, learn some programming language, learn some math, move on to more advanced engines like UE or Unity…

There's honestly no perfect program for beginners. If I had to compare Unreal though at my skill level, I would probably pick Unity. However, It really comes down to your needs, and how much programming you want to learn. Furthermore, I would also keep in mind other engines.

None

@BBCblkn I'd recommend Gamemaker studio 2 as a first engine. It's easy to learn and I haven't had a problem making my game ideas in it yet.There are some good tutorials on YouTube to follow to learn it. Do note you'll be limited to 2D games with GMS2.

Bit late to the post, but I hope it helps

None

gamechfo said:
Bit late to the post

Two months late. Always consider whether you honestly believe that a question asked long in the past is still awaiting an answer. Thread locked.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement