🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ActiveUnique returning to game development

Started by
22 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 7 months ago

@Tom Sloper Read it before you go to bed ok? My writing style is better each time it's read. ?

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

Advertisement

By the way, programmer71 isn't making a reference to my past address with 169 rep

I'm talking in the corner of the internet without anything or anyone trying to help. My flat rock calculator is unambitious, and I'm obviously wasting my time. So, don't waste yours here either.

The Chaos Contract project is dead and broken. And supporting creative talent was just a fad during the renaissance Leonardo Da Vinci was not a gigolo or womanizer. These things just happen.

This is spam

Don't repeat

You never saw this

Failure to comply will end JoJo, Anime and Disney will begin referencing everything you do.

Worship the Great Aint because it's our only way out of this mess, even so, it's only human.

I've returned to game development to quit game development. That's all, where's the equivalent to slamming a phone when you need one?

Oh I have one. You know, when people say exactly what they mean, being honest, and pay attention to other people, they become incredibly horrible communicators it's like they're sucked into quicksand. It's impossible for them to be a programmer, life over.

(If this makes too much sense you can ignore it. It wasn't meant to.)

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

There is nothing you could say, or do at this point that would convince me that you are not a bot, Active.

P.s. retro theme throwback day for site when?

ActiveUnique said:

@GeneralJist

This is an olive branch.

I can understand your expectations vs reality. You have amazing reading comprehension and give really good advice.

My first attempt to explain the concept was barbaric, I know. Here's what it really is.

Minimalism. The goal is to make the smallest unimposing flat-rock. Later when someone asks how to make a flat rock they can rub their smooth rock on mine and there will be two flat rocks.

1. Thank you, years of reading, writing and research and thousands of dollars invested in school have honed my skills. not to mention using my English skills almost every day for like 20 years. (I think this is the 1st complement I've ever gotten on the subject)
  2. I don't quite understand your flat rock analogy. Making flat rocks is not really comparable to what these big tech giants and AAA companies are doing. It's more like making a rock with magical powers.
  3. Why do you think your qualified to advise or work for these companies?
  4. I've worked in Recruitment and Human Resources for big companies before, and I guarantee you, most of the time they are doing all they can to just sift through applicants who apply through normal channels. Most of the time they have program machines called Applicant tracking Systems (ATS) to automate the sifting method by flagging keywords. If anything is spelled wrong or not in industry standard terms most of the time it's an automated rejection, and no human will ever see your application. On the flip side, if your able to include the exact terms they are looking for, it may sail past and get you an interview , and still no human has read your resume. (this happened to me at Google a few months ago. They were looking for a “Crisis management project coordinator” and I had the title of “project coordinator” and the word “Crisis” in my resume, so they interviewed me. I asked them why they did this, and the interviewer deflected and said her boss had picked me out of the applicant pool. It became clear to me that not even the interviewer knew why I was there, and no one in the vast recruiting chain of command had bothered to read that I was a "Crisis Counselor", which had nothing to do with Crisis management in business. And then there was another time where I interviewed for Facebook, and the interviewer said point blank that she had not seen my resume. So we wasted like 5-10 min on getting her up to speed as to my accomplishments.
  5. It's kind of hypocritical and frustrating that the candidate can't screw up at all, but the employer can just about do anything.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

GeneralJist said:
It's more like making a rock with magical powers.

Can i have just the rock, please?

Let's not get carried away the magic rock doesn't do anything unless you put it in a pot with water

don't stop shutting up

The zeitgeist is that the internet is a bad-meme machine.

The bad-meme machine gets your kids to protest, slacktivism, instead of being go-getters, doers, and proliferators.

Your kids would rather be on a streaming video with me spanking them instead of making money off it.

Instead of understanding the code that I've written, a company like mblura with eleon umssk as its founder is going to say they are the yes men. The stock market is a video game right? It's a pretty good angle. But to really dominate the global market they need to steal an idea that's where the yes man comes in. Have at it. I want to see what someone can make of it before I have a chance to finish.

Youtube offers some helpful videos. It's like it's talking to me.

So there's this episode of fireship that shows where esoteric languages are on the programmer iceberg. Eoteric languages are high level, so, no doubt anyone running a master's degree has written one.

what the hell… not even programming an esoteric language, just using one is so blatantly unlikly

The bottom of the programming iceberg

The bottom of the proverbial ocean, thanks Elon

The probability that an esoteric language will become viral.

Spanking women is a necessary evil. The amount of money that I earn will posthumously grow as the yes man language or its imitators earn well into the billions on a budget of one internet connection and living in my mom's basement, based on an idea that nobody would have had in a thousand years. Hang on I can probably, eh fuck it, every advancement I make now is therefor a thousand years ahead of modern time, commit.

So, rather than game development, can I solve global warming and unscrew the internet? Yes. If it's not determined to screw itself first. Unscrew the internet.

Youtube, yes I will spank her, uhh, silly, I can't quite understand those other two videos. Youtube did you know you're my imaginary friend?

A moderator on this website said something interesting. Apparently it became a bad meme. So I have to ask, why does Japan want to pay me to move there and live in their dorms full of spankable girls? (You understand I'm typing spank to mean I'll do it literally and euphemistically have relations with them.) It's not like it's just the VTuber girls, China's cute girls they sent here have wormed their way into my heart and now Twitter's bombarding me with so many hot women I've slept with all of them multiple times. Why do hot women want to sleep with me so badly?

hang on youtube has more to say

So there was this one time playing America's Army, the deadchat tried to ghost ban me, and I finished the round saying they outright tried to kill their would-be savior. I'll come back in a month…

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement