🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hi everybody. Could you help me please?

Started by
4 comments, last by gamechfo 1 year, 8 months ago

Hi. Last month a crazy idea came up in my mind. I want to learn programming. I already found a course to learn c++ and Unreal engine. The problem is that i literally start with nothing. I don't even have a PC. Could you please suggest me which one should i buy? I mean i suppose i need a powerful one with i suppose a very good graphic card. Could you please suggest me? Thank you. Sorry if i said stupid things, this is literally a completely new world for me

Advertisement

thealbanianguy said:
I don't even have a PC.

To learn C++, you could use an online compiler, which is good enough for short programs. For example https://www.onlinegdb.com/online_c++_compiler
I

[damn forum always deletes our text after posting links >:( ]

I would eventually separate learning a language from learning an engine. Could be too much otherwise, or too shallow. But not sure.

Regarding UE5, i tried it out on my Ryzen2700/16GB ram + Vega56 GPU. This worked well enough.
But if you buy a new computer, i'd aim for 32GB ram and a raytracing GPU (does not need to be the biggest one - you just need the features.)

Thank you for the responses

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement