🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a Programmer to start a web game based on collecting Items. It's called "ALBUM".

Started by
2 comments, last by ctrlmarkdel 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm trying to make this slow paced Web item-collecting-character-improving game. I have it all kinda sketched up but I lack the programming skills to finish it. I will, on the other hand, provide all the art required for it (It'll be really simple, pixel-art i was thinking). To put it in a few words It'd be like a simpler game than Neonmob, with some RPG elements and Character development (Not really much of an active thing like fights and that, but mainly building up a character sheet on time and collecting and equipping special Items that require these stats.) The main fun is to slowly build up your character and keep collecting these collectibles (basically just clicking a button from time to time to get random items, but then trading, and selling these objects for an in-game currency to buy stuff), completing collections, appear in leaderboards and stuff.

If anyone is up for it, I thought it was worth to ask, maybe we can do it together. I think PHP, SQL because of the collectible database and login system and stuff, and HTML/CSS knowledge will do for this one, it's a simple - and hearty- web game, just for fun. If interested let me know! It'd be cool to make it.

Advertisement

Hello.

I dabble in Unity and use C++ I haven't written in Html or java in a very very long time. May I ask why a web game?

@Genome75 hm I think maybe web because it's a simple game centered I think in the community more than gameplay (it's slowly making progress clicking every once in a while and building up your character, and then making guild, contributing to the guild, etc..), so maybe a forum or an in-game built chat it'd be cool to achieve that experience… I was thinking in those slow paced games like rennaissancekingdoms in their begginings, nowadays games developed for mobile and stuff tend to be more active, but that's still an option, I don't have much idea on how other platforms work, but any idea is welcome, I have it all sketched up for a web game however.. If you're Interested let me know! i can show you the main idea and stuff in Album's Discord server:

https://discord.gg/pXbtNgN3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement