🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting Back into It

Started by
3 comments, last by DisneyRob 1 year, 9 months ago

I used to make computer games long time ago. I used programs like

1. Game Maker
  2. Klik and Play
  3. 3d Game Maker
  4. Adventure Game Studio
  5. Multi Media Fusion I am wanting to get back into it. And would like to know about current game engines. What is out there that is powerful, yet easy to use. And requires little or no coding. Also need a lot of tutorials out there as I will learning it from the ground up. I am retiring, and looking for something to do to fill my days.
Advertisement

What did Google show when you searched?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You can continue using the old ones. Newer ones want to be good for everything, only running on high-end computers, and the community around them is usually super cringe. Or maybe you should use the opportunity, and learn c and opengl, or html+javascript.

@Tom Sloper Things like Unity, G-Develop, Godot, I already knew about these.

I just figured being out of it for such a long time there would be different programs, and some more advanced.

What I am looking for is a program to make a card game similar to Dominion, I also have a few other ideas like a hospital game with operations, a super hero role playing game, and a business sim game. The last one I did with Multi Media Fusion years ago. would love to update it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement