🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I want to join a hobby team . I want to help and learn.

Started by
3 comments, last by GeneralJist 1 year, 6 months ago

I am 20 years old. I am studying software engineering in a university. I live in Shandong Province, which is a certain distance from Beijing and Shanghai. I am mainly good at software skills. Of course, I learned Unreal and Unity by myself. I can make some simple games independently, but what I need is further knowledge. I am eager to find a team to accept me, because the strength of one person is too small, I'm really bad at audio and art. I don't want to find a job right now, but also want to find a group of like-minded friends or join a less commercial team. Just because I can't find a community in China, I basically can't meet friends who can design games together. I want to constantly improve my ability to enrich my portfolio, and have a good resume to support me to go abroad to join some game studios when I get employed .The courses in Chinese universities are very loose and rigid, so I spent most of my time self-study on game design, engine use, and recently I began to read some books on computer graphics.I am interested in developing any type of game, and I accept any platform other than mobile games.

None

Advertisement

Hey friend,

I'm working on an open-source game engine called Potentia. I'm currently looking for passionate devs and people looking to learn the deeper parts of game dev to come and join me with the project.

I cannot offer any money or payment (although there are plans to make a game with this game engine which may bring revenue), but if you want to learn and grow your knowledge. this could be an awesome opportunity for both of us.

Send me a message if you are interested ?

None

Hello,
I'm working on a comic / animated series that I'm also making a game engine for. I'm looking for people that would be willing to come together to make this project come alive.
This is a passion project, because I am in no position to pay people, but this engine will likely be used for future game releases.
Like you said, the power of people coming together is greater than when one is alone.
Please message me and we can discuss further details

I find it a bit oxymoronic that China doesn't encourage Game development as they are one of the biggest games markets.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement