🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Senior Technical Artist looking to team up!

Started by
2 comments, last by skaiware 1 year, 6 months ago

Hi, my name is Shaun, I’m a senior technical artist in the industry currently working on a popular horror game.

I’m currently looking for a side project, preferably in a small team, it’s always fun to have someone to talk and brainstorm with!

As I said in the title, I’d like to start from scratch, really brainstorming a small project, doing the game design together then programming and art tasks by sharing our methods and ideas.

I love plenty of genres, I’m open to people who already have some ideas, but I don’t want to feel constrained by them.

Technical Artist is my role, I do most of the time animation graphs and rigging, I code a lot in python and c++. I know C# as well. I love procedural gen in Houdini, I feel like as an indie, it saves a lot of time! I love to do shaders, but I rarely get the opportunity. I studied 3D animation so I know my way around it, but for the other main aspect like modelling and game design, I have limited skills.

Lately I’ve been narrowing my toolset to free and open source softwares like Blender, Krita and Material Maker. In the industry I’ve been using Maya and the Adobe suite. I guess the only software I cannot give up is Houdini, I love the procedural generation pipeline too much, it’s also the reason why I sadly cannot use Godot, it doesn’t support Houdini’s hda output (…). My preferred Engines are Unreal and Unity, I often struggle to select an engine to start with, as I am very comfortable with both!

Would be nice if you had experience in your desired field of work, I’d like for us to all learn things from each other.

So.. I guess that’s it? Just comment or DM me if you’re interested or have questions! Looking forward to meeting you fellow devs!

P.S.: I speak french and english.

Advertisement

You might be the perfect person to collaborate with on the project I just started working on!
Please check your DM's on here

Hi S,

checkout

https://gamejolt.com/games/babies/695998

• small team
  • starting almost from scratch, game not yet fully playable and open for changes
  • use (to be enhanced) procedural maps gen

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement