🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New to the forum, hello!

Started by
4 comments, last by Narukami_D. 2 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone! My name is Daniel. So, I've been working on a game, a turn based RPG. I've recently done my damage calculation formula, along with other correlated formulas for stat scaling and other stuff, detailed on a txt and an excel file I made. I wanted to know, where can I go from here? What do you do when you don't know where to proceed?

Advertisement

Are you a developer , do you know any programming language ? how are you planning to render your game ? do a design document , think about game mechanics, rendering and gameplay

Narukami_D. said:
What do you do when you don't know where to proceed?

Is the game finished, then? If it's not finished, what isn't done yet? Do one of those things.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Programmer71 I'll respond the questions in order:
1.- I'm just starting as a developer, but I have a title as a software engineer. I know C#, Java and PHP (although I don't think this last one can be used for what I want to do). But I'm going to learn C++.
2.- Currently, I'm planning to do either a 2d game or a paper 2d game. I was learning how to use Unreal Engine 4.
3.-Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try to come up with other gameplay mechanics and start writing the design document.

Tom Sloper said:

Narukami_D. said:
What do you do when you don't know where to proceed?

Is the game finished, then? If it's not finished, what isn't done yet? Do one of those things.

Thank you, for the advice. I'm gonna make a list of every task I need to do to complete the game before proceeding. I'll also start the design document as suggested by the first response.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement