🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a team interested in working on a non-profit crime drama game!

Started by
1 comment, last by TyphosTheD 2 years, 5 months ago

-ANY TALENTS ARE WELCOME!- Things can depend on experience, and there are a few exceptions.

I'm looking for a team who'd be interested in a japanese styled crime drama game! It'll feature cutscenes for the story, and core gameplay as beat em up action with some detective missions along the way. I'll provide some documents about the overall style of art and combat for programming values. I'm really new to the Gamedev.net forums and I'm glad I found it!

I'm the 3D character modeller and designer for the project. I've worked with 2D art, even if not too good still manage to produce a few things out of it, like concept art. Lastly I worked with some programming in Unity, very used to overall Unity, but can't really code, not well at all. I've got good experiences with creating projects with teams, but I'm no professional by any means, so please keep it in mind.
My Discord: ウォーリー・ハードメーカー#2187
My Email: wallyhardmaker.jp@gmail.com

The team is made out of 9 people at the current moment.

All sorts of roles and talents are welcome! Let's create something stylish!

Game Design Document of most audio,visual and more styles.

Game Design Document about gameplay (Combat)

I'd like to dive deeper into concepts I've mentioned, but the post would look too long and would even become more messy for the eye, so please feel free to contact me for more details and such!

Lastly, a note for development, since everybody is working for free, I'm fair with any low expectations things can get to, as that's the way for things when there is no payment to the work. The project even if has expected certain levels of experience, will be open to people more of who want to learn things and participate by interest. I'd like to consider this more of a group project than one, so anybody who has given their efforts to the project will show through! Game development can get very complex, and collaboration especially with teams of people will need the effort to move along, making out good result in the end.
I myself had fair share of problems developing projects with a team, that put off most people at certain points even, if you feel troubled throughout the production, both me and other people on the team will try their best to help you out and move forward.

Quick sketch of possible cover art
Advertisement

Hi! I am likewise new to gamedev.net, and have been looking for some opportunities to get involved in some game design while I pursue a career in game production.

The concept of the game sounds fun, sort of like a Yakuza-style game (a fun time sink for sure!). I don't have any professional design or production experience, but I've been an amateur TTRPG designer for a few years and have performed QA work for various virtual tabletop modules with developers. I think what I could bring best to the table is a unique perspective and the desire to dive into how things work to try and understand how they might be made to work better.

If you think I could be of use I would love to chat more about this!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement