🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to create a generalist portfolio site?

Started by
0 comments, last by GeneralJist 2 years, 6 months ago

So for a few weeks now, I've been thinking of making my own portfolio site, a centralized place where I can link, so people can find all my past work.

I have several issues.

1. Most of what I've done is project specific, so to understand it, they'd have to go down the rabat hole. And If you weren't part of it, I just don't see most people caring.
  2. I could just link to the public project page
  3. I may not have the full rights to release what I have, because often these documents were authored by other people who I no longer have contact with.
  4. Most of my roles have been logistical, management or administrative in nature, so conveying that in a portfolio is hard, if the end product isn't public.

I also have my own research on the guild I was part of ~10 years ago, I tried to get that published back then, and the journal I submitted to told me they wanted to focus on brick and mortor organizations. So I never submitted anywhere else, even tho I totally should have.

I wonder with that, if I'm only meant to release my paper, or if in any situating, I can release the audio recordings online? According to research ethics, normally you can't, because it contains personal information. But no one gave me their real name, and all I really have is their age at the time. Technically, no one sighed a release, because it was a school project at the time.

I'm just trying to get my work out there, so people can potentially benefit rom it.

For the past 10 years, I've: done

1. Public Relations
  2. Recruiting/ Human resources
  3. Production/ management
  4. Writing
  5. Research

And this is just in my games related career,.

Any advice?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement