🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problems running video game programmed in Visual Studio C ++ on another computer

Started by
1 comment, last by Juliean 2 years, 7 months ago

Please ask if you can help me urgently with the following problem. It turns out that I am programming a video game that is a NetFramework CLR project in C ++. I did too many tests on my video game and it works perfectly. The problem occurs when I try to install my application on another computer, which shows me a message that says that in the execution of the code, MSVCP140D.dll, ucrtbased.dll and VCRUNTIME140D .dll are not found and therefore cannot be executed. code. The problem is those 3 dlls. I have seen several solutions on the internet but nothing. I installed the dlls manually and added them to my project but nothing. Also modify the project where it says Runtime Library and I modified it to multithreaded and multithreaded dll but it didn't work either. I hope you can help me and thank you very much for your understanding.

Advertisement

The “D” suffix on those DLLs means they are the debug-versions, which are not available on most PCs unless Visual Studio is installed. You need to create a type of “release” build - not sure how it works with CLR, but I assume your project should currently be running a “debug” configuration, there should also be “release” which uses different DLLs that are available on PCs with the redistributables.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement