🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where is the best place to find new members to have in a team?

Started by
5 comments, last by ExoticDeluxe 2 years, 11 months ago

Hello, i've been wanting to make some projects I have planned for a while but doing it all myself just seems so overwhelming to me. I honestly need at least a good couple of people that can work on these projects with me. I really stink at programming (although I'm going to college soon to hopefully learn it.) I just want some places that are easy to bring in a few members to help me on the game dev journey.

None

Advertisement

@ExoticDeluxe All you have said is that you suck at programming and that you have a few nondescript projects that you want others to help you with.

If all you have are ideas then it's a lost cause unless you have money. ( ED: of course if all you have are ideas then you have no money, but you get the point)

What exactly is it that you would do on a team?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

ExoticDeluxe said:

Where is the best place to find new members to have in a team?

The Hobby Project Classifieds. https://gamedev.net/forums/forum/29-hobby-project-classifieds/

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@fleabay For now I would mostly do concept art and directing each project. however I do know some Blender stuff (still learning) then i'll help program each project whenever I do go to college, but yeahh money is still an issue i've been working with for a while, trying to get a job so I can support the team and projects in the future

None

@ExoticDeluxe In my experience it's really hard to find a good people that want to work on a personal passion project. If you are actually good at art, even concept art, your best bet is to post a link to your portfolio in your ad. But honestly if it's marginal you won't have a lot of luck. As for “directing”, at the hobby level nobody is going to care about that if you don't have other skills.

@Gnollrunner Yeah i'm pretty decent at concept art, nothing realistic tho (at least not yet). For the directing part, I do know some some other skills such as blender and i'm slowly learning programming myself until I go to college. I definitely do need more skills if i'm actually passionate about being a game dev lol

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement