🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best engine for creating a ccg ranked game

Started by
1 comment, last by Saliph 2 years, 11 months ago

i would love to start development on a game that offers ranked pvp, its a turn based strategy concept, I just don't have any clue which engine would suit the creation its meant to be a mobile game with deck construction. Any leads?

Advertisement

I mostly recommend Unity for mobile games since they have the best mobile support all of the “major” game engines out there, unless you find a special TCG/CCG game engine meant to work on mobile too. Ranking involves the Platform specific game services, so you should start going for Android first as Android is the easiest and cheapest way to get onto mobile development.

Any Apple platform requires you to own at least a MAC which is capable of building your XCode projects to be able to have an executable which can run on iOS. And an iOS device in order to test the Apple service API in your game. However, this is more easy on Android since Unity can export APK files which you then send to your mobile device via ADB and a cable.

Last but not least, at least one TCG game I'm aware of (Pokemon) is written in Unity as well so this seems to be a good starting point for you

P.S. This may help you as well https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/710165-how-to-structure-the-program-design-of-card-effects-for-a-trading-card-game-in-java/

@undefined TCG was poor word choice its more similar to a game called hero clix

It has aspects of point based team creation and items to pull from a tcg like pack. I started in godot which I'm starting to wonder if that was a mistake. I also do not know how to insert rng as variable. Imagine dice rolling, I've looked up quite a few videos and learned a lot like the difference between cards and dice but I havent seen a source for godot on how exactly that gets typed in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement