🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My Android platformer game - I need feedback

Started by
1 comment, last by SureDevelopingStudios 3 years ago

Hey, I am making my android pixel platformer game and I need feefback from you. Actually I want to know what do you think about mechanic, and your general feelings. I will change main menu and level select screen look, but for now I dont have an idea for a nice and simple view. If you have any ideas, comments let me know please ?

Advertisement

Hey there, it's a decent game you got going there. I have a few areas for feedback:

1.Perhaps you could make the character more detailed eg. adding a face or patterns

2. Following on from the last point, I think adding a character select concept to the game would make the players play for longer and enjoy it more and even better, make it so that the player can unlock cooler skins if they have enough coins/trophies. I do understand that that would take a while to code however, the result would be worth it.

3.Since I haven't played the game myself, I'm not entirely sure, but I feel as if the character can jump a bit too high, meaning that the player could easily skip parts of the levels. I understand that that would mean having to lower the heights of the platforms for them to jump on to but as I say, this point could be irrelevant.

4. For the background, you could go one of two ways: you could go down the detailed route of designing something very intricate like a dungeon ( I don't know if this was intentional, but when I saw the red part as the area that you couldn't touch, it made me think that it was lava so a dungeon or something along those lines could work well) designed in a pixel style, or you could go down the simple route of a background like a gradient (light green to light blue looks nice in my opinion). You could make this the same for the main menu and the level select screen, and maybe if you went down the detailed route you could make the level select screen a birds-eye view of the dungeon ( or whatever you choose) and the area around it. I see that this is in an early development stage when it comes to the graphics so you could make it whatever you wanted.

5. I presume that pixel platformer is not the name of the game so perhaps after thinking more about the theme (other than a pixelated art style), you could come up with a name to do with it. Or perhaps (insert theme) Platformer since it's not tricky to remember and would also be good for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). This means that if someone like a certain theme, say Christmas or something and they also wanted a platformer, your game would be one of the first to pop up.

6.Finally, when you get the ‘?’, I personally think that it would look better if the text came up in the centre of the screen around ¾ of the way up since it looks more organised and isn't blocking anything that way.

Anyways, sorry if that was a bit long but I just wanted to make sure that I could help you as much as I could because I know that it's hard to be successful in the game development world.

Also, I do game testing and marketing a lot so if you release this on the google play store and need some testing or marketing campaigns just DM me. ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement