🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Hobby Freeware] Javascript Programmer wanted for a lite-astrophysics and economic simulation (online using google sheets data)

Started by
0 comments, last by Wolf Beaumont 3 years, 4 months ago

Name: Empyrean

Genre: lite-astrophysics & economic simulation

Role: Programmer (Javascript)

Type: Hobbyist Freeware

Contact: wolf.beaumont@gmail.com​ or discord username Wolf.B#9228

Notes: Empyrean has been my pet project for 6 years now, and I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to start generating some front-end (javascript) UIs. Most of the project exists in spreadsheet format (google sheets) with formula calculators generating results based on various inputs. Specifically, at this point I'm hoping to collaborate with a javascript programmer on producing orbital diagrams of binary, trinary stars etc (minus planets) and planetary lineup diagrams of individual stars (in a similar vein to Elite Dangerous, but much more basic, visually).

I think the right programming partner would be someone who enjoys the mathematical and programming challenges I can present them with, rather than wanting to get involved on the design side. I've spent a long-time on this project and I'm not looking to fundamentally change it in any way - merely generate visual results based on data I've spent years designing mechanically.

Ultimately the front-end of this will be a small server tabulating input and output across various mediums ie. a wiki, javascript website and a stylized forum (the latter of which will exist as a roleplay sandbox around the mechanics based UIs (in a similar vein to NationStates forums which lacks the correlation between the two).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement