🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IndieGameStation - Turn your Windows PC into a fantasy game console!

Started by
0 comments, last by James C Gray 3 years, 4 months ago

Hello GameDev.net!

I want to introduce my game launcher app, IndieGameStation. You know how apps like RetroArch can turn your PC into a retro game console? Well, IGS is kinda like that, but for any kind of Windows game. It can scan your games folder and allow you to launch them all with your controller with little setup or configuration. The video below will give you a nice summary of the features.

The idea came when I wanted to play all of the games I downloaded from my couch without having to worry about different resolutions, control schemes, setups, etc. I looked around the net for any kind of app with the features I wanted, but came up empty handed. So, I decided to come up with my own.

Here's a brief overview of the features:

• Game Scanner that will scan your designated games directory and add them to the list without having to fiddle with config screens.
  • Fullscreenizer which can stretch windowed games to borderless fullscreen, even if they don't natively support it.
  • Joystick to Keyboard support using AntiMicro v2.23. Each game can have a unique custom profile that gets loaded on game start.

Download the app here: https://jcgames.itch.io/igs

If anyone wants to give it a try and let me know of any bugs they find, or if you have any feature requests, please let me know. Enjoy!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement