🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fantasy dungeon crawler needs better combat and art

Started by
0 comments, last by Marscaleb 3 years, 4 months ago

I am a solo developer working in my spare time.

My goal is to finish and publish a game while my father is still around. (He has Alzheimer's. The name I am using for my company is adapted from the family company he used to run, and I want to establish that company while he is more than a memory.)

I was fine working by myself, but I'm no longer certain I can meet my deadline without some assistance.

The title I am working on is one I intend to sell, so I am willing to share profits or retroactively pay for services. (Please be upfront about what kind of compensation you are interested in.)

About the project:

This is a relatively simple top-down shooter with a strong focus on exploration; akin to an overhead dungeon-crawler but heavily watered down.

I am using “hand-painted” 3D assets for the world with 2D hand-drawn sprites in a fantasy setting.

I am aiming for an overall simple and short game, basically the quickest project I can produce while still being pleased to attach a family name to it.

I am working in Unity.

Looking for:

I am primarily looking for someone to help with gameplay/combat and enemy AI; I'd like someone who can help me add some better depth to the combat mechanics and/or create more engaging enemy patterns. Should know enough programming to be able to implement changes to the system.

Also interested in someone who can produce hand-drawn 2D sprites and animation. Would need to have an art style compatible with my own.

Also willing to work with 3D artists, VFX artists, musicians/sound designers, UI artists, or even someone willing to help market the game. Basically any kind of position or help would be appreciated if you have something you can offer.

email me at marscaleb@hotmail.com

Screenshot:

(Player sprite is a quick placeholder)

Read my webcomic: http://maytiacomic.com/
Follow my progress at: https://eightballgaming.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement