🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Roots of Pacha: a pixel prehistoric life simulator

Started by
16 comments, last by valravnx 3 years, 3 months ago

Hello everybody!

Maybe, some of you are interested what the game's title means. Who - or what is Pacha? Well… it's not a secret. Pacha is the goddes worshipped by the inhabitants of our primal world. The more favorable she is to them, the better life they have. To appease the goddess, these people often dance ritual dances around the fire.

Of course, the goddess Pacha will be very favorable to those who will support the project on Kickstarter. A list of awards is already available on the game's official website. As well as here:

Advertisement

@Vilgotsky
Hi!

The graphics look really good, I would personally define more contrast between UI and environment especially on the hotbar,
just to make it a bit more recognisable.

The minimap feature is great! how did you guys achieve that? must have been tough!

Cheers.

Kind Regards,
Ian Hogers

e: info@ianhogers.com

The minimap feature is great! how did you guys achieve that? must have been tough!

Thank you! Our maps are hand made so it might be easier, we picked a scale and redraw it, then we instantiate elements like trees, houses and NPCs accordingly to the scale. Every element that has a minimap representation has a script attached to instantiate itself into minimap.

@Vilgotsky Ahh that's very clever! thanks for sharing ?

Kind Regards,
Ian Hogers

e: info@ianhogers.com

Hello!

One of the most interesting features in Roots of Pacha is a possibility to establish the romantic relationships with some of the NPCs. There are 43 NPCs that will be included in the game and 8 of them are available for relationships. On of these romance-able Roots of Pacha inhabitants is Frer, the fisherman. We're excited to present him to you.

The concept art was created by artist Boris Torrandell. And this is how Frer looks in the game itself:

What are your thoughts about the character?

Is pacha somehow related with the mother earth? I am from Bolivia and in my country we have the goddess Pachamama, it is really nice to have it in the title

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement