🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SharpDX/WPF - Sharing resources (Texture2D) between different GPUs

Started by
1 comment, last by ddlox 3 years, 6 months ago

Hi, I'm trying to share a texture between a Direct3D11 device running on the integrated Intel GPU and a Direct3D9 device standing on a discrete video card.

Scenario: Intel CPU + discrete Nvidia GPU physically connected to a monitor.
I'm able to create a Direct3D11 device relying on the Intel GPU to let MFX successfully perform the hardware decoding.
The decoded D3D11 textures must be rendered on the active “connected to a monitor” GPU, using a shared texture toward D3D9Ex (WPF D3DImage).

When I try to create the shared D3D9 texture I got:

SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80070057], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments], Message: Parametro non corretto.

Of course the entire implementation works like a charm if I physically plug monitor on the Intel GPU (D3D9 + D3D11 on same GPU).

Thank you

Advertisement

if you are 100% sure that your parameters are correct then it could be that the feature you are trying to use isn't supported by your hardware;

if your parameters are not correct, weeeell… you need to fix them, i'm not sure your post has enough info to help…

all the best ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement